Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I just done an online assessment for a job I'm after and I swear to god I couldn't see any difference in the shading on the colours until I used my phone camera to take a photo of the screen (I was going to email the employer and ask wtf the question was all about). 

Is this a laptop screen problem? I'm confused. I can see it no bother through my phone camera. :huh:

Screenshot_20200920_124236_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.aa8652bcf91c05689ea8f31097c3819c.jpg

(The questionnaire has absolutely nothing to do with the job or, I would assume, the field in which the job is. A really weird set of questions tbh.) 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I just done an online assessment for a job I'm after and I swear to god I couldn't see any difference in the shading on the colours until I used my phone camera to take a photo of the screen (I was going to email the employer and ask wtf the question was all about). 

Is this a laptop screen problem? I'm confused. I can see it no bother through my phone camera. :huh:

Screenshot_20200920_124236_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.aa8652bcf91c05689ea8f31097c3819c.jpg

(The questionnaire has absolutely nothing to do with the job or, I would assume, the field in which the job is. A really weird set of questions tbh.) 

That's biased against colour blind folk. Report the employers for discrimination.

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

That's biased against colour blind folk. Report the employers for discrimination.

I'm not colour blind, as proven by being able to differentiate between the two through the phone camera. 

Maybe they're prejudiced against folk with 10 year old lousy laptops 

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Looks like that's another Head's Gone thread finished.

@Cardinal Richelieu pretending that they don't always end with an absolute rammy  :P

My favourite bit was Perkin Flump predicting earlier in the day that he wouldn't have a meltdown, then having a meltdown that caused the thread to be locked.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

For all their expertise with modern technology, little amuses the innocent. 4 of the grandchildren have had a great time running round the front garden blowing bubbles.

Love them at that age, I’ve got a bubble machine, bubbles are great, also two canes and a bit of string in a loop and you can make giant bubbles 

The side of the A90 near Brechin has a mysterious "bear-like animal" according to my other half who saw it whilst  driving home tonight. 

It supposedly walks like a bear,  is about 0.5m tall and has long setter-like brown hair but is is definitely not a dog.  

Well miffed. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The side of the A90 near Brechin has a mysterious "bear-like animal" according to my other half who saw it whilst  driving home tonight. 

It supposedly walks like a bear,  is about 0.5m tall and has long setter-like brown hair but is is definitely not a dog.  

Well miffed. 

Sounds like ManBearPig. 

unnamed.png

22 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Today's cover of the Express

_114497054_sx20p01.jpg

Is 'S mag' the polite way of saying 'scud mag' these days? 

Let's be honest, that front page is obviously aimed at the elderly, many of which don't have internet access and would find a glossy pull-out particularly convenient. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Back to porridge. One part oats, two parts milk, salt. In the hob. A weekend treat.

Plain bread and lukewarm water for dessert?