Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 hours ago, the aggressive beggar said:

On a side note, im lying gassed in the garden after 2nd day back at work after 2 months off and the wee lass is playing Avril14th by Aphex Twin and Im Still standing by elton john on the keyboard.  And its still about 15 degrees.   Fucking magic

Screenshot_20200530-120923_Chrome.jpg

I almost never get sunburned but have basically never worn sunscreen in the U.K. yesterday I was outside for almost the entire day and I’ve got a slightly red nose but not burned. I don’t sunbathe but I don’t stay out of the sun.

My wife was sitting in the shade but didn’t notice the sun as on her back for a few minutes and has been burned to a crisp.

Why is this?

Dont worry you're not missing out, your skin is still being irreversibly damaged by the UV radiation same as everyone else that doesnt protect themselves. Yours just isn't immediately visible.

11 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I almost never get sunburned but have basically never worn sunscreen in the U.K. yesterday I was outside for almost the entire day and I’ve got a slightly red nose but not burned. I don’t sunbathe but I don’t stay out of the sun.

My wife was sitting in the shade but didn’t notice the sun as on her back for a few minutes and has been burned to a crisp.

Why is this?

Maybe you have built up more of an immunity over the years to the areas exposed to the sun. If I’m wearing shorts and t shirt I won’t get burnt anywhere and my legs arms and face get tanned but my chest and stomach never gets dark and is always pale even when returning from beach holidays.

13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Why is this?

It's all to do with the amount of melanin in your skin. 

14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Why is this?

Your wife is a potato?

Mrs Potatohead.jpg

Edited by GordonD

Dont worry you're not missing out, your skin is still being irreversibly damaged by the UV radiation same as everyone else that doesnt protect themselves. Yours just isn't immediately visible.

Great news, thanks for confirming [emoji106]