Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

33 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Can't say I've heard Two Little Boys or Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport for a while either...

So a conviction for paedophilia (was that what Rolf was sent down for?) does seem to be over the line. If you aren't convicted, you're safe. Sexual abuse of adults seems like something you can recover from. Any popular musicians committed murders and resumed their careers?

(P&B musos: take note)

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I’d guess there aren’t many folk still listening to Gary Glitter or lostprophets. Wherever the line is for most folk, they seem to have crossed it.

I watched the joker last night and Gary glitters “rock and roll part 2?” Is featured  on it. 

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

So a conviction for paedophilia (was that what Rolf was sent down for?) does seem to be over the line. If you aren't convicted, you're safe. Sexual abuse of adults seems like something you can recover from. Any popular musicians committed murders and resumed their careers?

10 Rock and Roll musicians who killed someone

FYI, Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll" is still played at some sports venues here, specifically the NBA. Although most Murkans would have no  idea who Mr. Glitter is, much less what he's been up to. 

I seem to remember someone saying that Gary Glitter no longer receives royalties from his songs...not sure specifically why though. Proceeds going to victims?

Not sure if the Black Metal lads really count, though I could be wrong. Maybe they're raking it in. I always got the impression they were playing to a very small audience.

Varg Vikernes famously a bit of a racist, and had his YouTube account suspended recently  :whistle

Edit: looks like Varg came closest to reviving his career, if you discount Vince Neil's manslaughter. But, then again, you could say that he wouldn't have a career without being a criminal anyway.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I seem to remember someone saying that Gary Glitter no longer receives royalties from his songs...not sure specifically why though. Proceeds going to victims?

Not sure if the Black Metal lads really count, though I could be wrong. Maybe they're raking it in. I always got the impression they were playing to a very small audience.

Varg Vikernes famously a bit of a racist, and had his YouTube account suspended recently  :whistle

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/oct/15/gary-glitter-joker-royalties

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Interesting. Doesn't say how Universal ended up owning his publishing rights. Maybe he had to flog them to pay his legal fees.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Do people still listen to Michael Jackson?

He'd be in the 'never convicted' category. Also, he's dead. And his output had turned to shit by the time the child abuse allegations started.

I still hear his songs on the radio from time to time, but I don't know that his post-Thriller stuff has weathered all that well, with some obvious exceptions.

9 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

When asked about being called a racist, Morrissey said: “If you call someone racist in modern Britain you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off. The word is meaningless now. Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?”

"Everyone" doesn't prefer their own race. All decent people don't consider a person's race when considering whether they like someone.

Everyone who prefers their own race, though, is a racist. Hope that clears things up for you.

As you seem to love the person that provided that imbecilic quote, I'd imagine that includes you.

And stop adjusting your font size, you daft racist.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I believe Johnny Cash shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

9 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

"Everyone" doesn't prefer their own race. All decent people don't consider a person's race when considering whether they like someone.

Everyone who prefers their own race, though, is a racist. Hope that clears things up for you.

As you seem to love the person that provided that imbecilic quote, I'd imagine that includes you.

And stop adjusting your font size, you daft racist.

Yawn.