Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I don't disagree with your point GD. People being talented in a certain field shouldn't enable them to live under different rules than the rest of us.

As an example of what I'm talking about though...a while back I read a biography of Steve McQueen. Until then, I didn't know he was a wife-beating, serial adulterer who was an absolute arsehole on the set. Many actors and directors refused to work with him because of his behaviour. I've admired him since I was a little kid but not now. Basically, I would've been happier not knowing that.

That's not going to stop me watching The Great Escape whenever it's on though.

Edited by Shotgun

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Been watching all of the Harry Potter films with the kids over lockdown. People keep saying he has his mothers eyes, which has given me a mental image of the end of Hotshots and made me chuckle every single time. DAx5vX2VYAAMS5h.jpg.4e81494f3f7d7acb18f73ccaa619b9a2.jpg

I prefer the Addams Family line.

"Gomez, take those out of his mouth"

17 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I don't disagree with your point GD. People being talented in a certain field shouldn't enable them to live under different rules than the rest of us.

As an example of what I'm talking about though...a while back I read a biography of Steve McQueen. Until then, I didn't know he was a wife-beating, serial adulterer who was an absolute arsehole on the set. Many actors and directors refused to work with him because of his behaviour. I've admired him since I was a little kid but not now. Basically, I would've been happier not knowing that.

That's not going to stop me watching The Great Escape whenever it's on though.

There were a couple of programmes about Peter Sellers on BBC2 last night. Came across as a bit of a monster towards his many wives and kids. Even wrote letters to his kids suggesting they change their surnames and that he no longer considered himself to be their father. Re-wrote his will too to give everything to his 4th wife. His 4th heart attack finished him off (aged 54).

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

When asked about being called a racist, Morrissey said: “If you call someone racist in modern Britain you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off. The word is meaningless now. Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?”

Oh, you’re at it. Sorry, I thought you genuinely believed this shite, but nobody would post someone confessing their racism as evidence that they are, in fact, not a racist.

Good luck with trolling Granny with it, though.

21 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Oh, you’re at it. Sorry, I thought you genuinely believed this shite, but nobody would post someone confessing their racism as evidence that they are, in fact, not a racist.

Not trolling anyone Dave, just stating the facts, if you don't like it, just stick me on ignore, probably for the best.

Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Not trolling anyone Dave, just stating the facts, if you don't like it, just stick me on ignore, probably for the best.

Thank you.

Quality work, m9, keep at it!

At what point do you say “nope not listening to them anymore”about an artist? Are there people who don’t listen to the Who because of Pete Townshend conviction? The Stones because of Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith? Tupac was a convicted sex offender, no-one seems to mention it.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

At what point do you say “nope not listening to them anymore”about an artist? Are there people who don’t listen to the Who because of Pete Townshend conviction? The Stones because of Bill Wyman and Mandy Smith? Tupac was a convicted sex offender, no-one seems to mention it.

I’d guess there aren’t many folk still listening to Gary Glitter or lostprophets. Wherever the line is for most folk, they seem to have crossed it.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

If anyone’s trying to troll me it’s you, if you didn’t respond to his apologist pish I wouldn’t have to read it.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

If anyone’s trying to troll me it’s you, if you didn’t respond to his apologist pish I wouldn’t have to read it.

Biggie’s on your ignore list? I’d no idea; apologies. You do seem to post a lot about him.

9 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Biggie’s on your ignore list? I’d no idea; apologies. You do seem to post a lot about him.

Really, you’ll have to show me this.  Better still don’t bother.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Really, you’ll have to show me this.  Better still don’t bother.

I probably wouldn’t have noticed him winding you up about right-wingers if you hadn’t kept alluding to it. Wasn’t that why the pair of you ended up on the naughty step?

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

You can probably adapt them a bit:

9A0C5D6C-23E1-4EE3-AB58-191147C5C47A.jpeg

DC0E8A68-A551-45BC-BBB8-BDC1BDA61EB7.jpeg

Posts on here ending with stuff like Sent From my Samsung Galaxy S7 must be the modern day equivalent of Dictated by telephone from the South of France .

15 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Posts on here ending with stuff like Sent From my Samsung Galaxy S7 must be the modern day equivalent of Dictated by telephone from the South of France .

I suspect that is how @Div dictates his posts to the mods

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I’d guess there aren’t many folk still listening to Gary Glitter or lostprophets. Wherever the line is for most folk, they seem to have crossed it.

Can't say I've heard Two Little Boys or Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport for a while either...