Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I thought he said that around the same time.
He’s still a cùnt; a very talented cùnt.

His Wikipedia page says that he was giving qualified praise to Powell in the 2000s.

Clapton is one artist I’ve never really got into other than the songs you’ll hear on the radio. I do like the Smiths and some of Morrissey’s solo stuff though, it’s a shame that Steven is clearly off his rocker, although not surprising.

Just now, ICTChris said:

His Wikipedia page says that he was giving qualified praise to Powell in the 2000s.

Clapton is one artist I’ve never really got into other than the songs you’ll hear on the radio. I do like the Smiths and some of Morrissey’s solo stuff though, it’s a shame that Steven is clearly off his rocker, although not surprising.

Saying he’s off his rocker is offering an excuse for him.  I think he’s very conscious in his racism and vile right-wing political views.

As for Clapton, there are no rights or wrongs in musical taste, you like what you like.  Also people’s taste is influenced by the era they grew up in and started appreciating music.

Saying he’s off his rocker is offering an excuse for him.  I think he’s very conscious in his racism and vile right-wing political views.
As for Clapton, there are no rights or wrongs in musical taste, you like what you like.  Also people’s taste is influenced by the era they grew up in and started appreciating music.

I don’t mean he is mentally ill or anything like that. I just think he’s a strange person, partly as a result of his career which consists of him being lionised for songs he wrote as a teenager when he’s in his fifties. That’s going to make anyone a bit weird. If you ever meet anyone involved in far right politics they are all a bit odd. It’s a natural fit for him.

I think this about lots of celebrities you see involved in odd groups, like Tom Cruise and Scientology or Paltrow and that ‘buy a jade egg for your fanny for £500’ Nonsense. They live in an unreal world and often don’t have anyone around them to say “what the f**k are you on about?”.

There’s loads of artists who are probably brilliant but I just don’t have the time to sit down and get into them and I think Clapton is one of those.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

I don’t mean he is mentally ill or anything like that. I just think he’s a strange person, partly as a result of his career which consists of him being lionised for songs he wrote as a teenager when he’s in his fifties. That’s going to make anyone a bit weird. If you ever meet anyone involved in far right politics they are all a bit odd. It’s a natural fit for him.

I think this about lots of celebrities you see involved in odd groups, like Tom Cruise and Scientology or Paltrow and that ‘buy a jade egg for your fanny for £500’ Nonsense. They live in an unreal world and often don’t have anyone around them to say “what the f**k are you on about?”.

There’s loads of artists who are probably brilliant but I just don’t have the time to sit down and get into them and I think Clapton is one of those.

Interesting what you say about Morrissey.  Maybe most of his fan club suffer from arrested development.

When asked about being called a racist, Morrissey said: “If you call someone racist in modern Britain you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off. The word is meaningless now. Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?”

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

He had some pretty horrific stuff to deal with a couple of decades later and that maybe brought him a bit of humility as he looked for peace and comfort.

A picture of Ruggy Jr in his Falkirk strip almost melted my heart the other day he looked so smart in it. Actually thought “I hope he grows up to star for Falkirk” rather than “I hope the wee Falkirk fucker gets his lunch money taken off him”. It is possible to soften.

Snowing here btw ffs!

That's what you get for living in the sticks. In my leafy South Edinburgh suburban paradise it's quite a nice day 

39 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

When asked about being called a racist, Morrissey said: “If you call someone racist in modern Britain you are telling them that you have run out of words. You are shutting the debate down and running off. The word is meaningless now. Everyone ultimately prefers their own race … does this make everyone racist?”

Yes, it does.

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Not a patch on "I was looking for a job and then I found a job and heaven knows I'm miserable now" but I suppose he has to appeal to his dwindling audience these days.

Not a patch on "I was looking for a job and then I found a job and heaven knows I'm miserable now" but I suppose he has to appeal to his dwindling audience these days.

A lot of his fanbase is Mexican these days; I presume they're just happy to see someone being racist to someone who's not them.

There's a maxim which goes something like "Whatever is said while drunk was rehearsed while sober." Being steaming may account for Clapton saying those things but it doesn't excuse him thinking them. If he's changed his views in later life then good for him, I suppose.

I've given up reading too much about the lives of people whose work I enjoy, biographies and whatnot. I'm almost invariably disappointed when I discover what canutes they really are/were.

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

There's a maxim which goes something like "Whatever is said while drunk was rehearsed while sober." Being steaming may account for Clapton saying those things but it doesn't excuse him thinking them. If he's changed his views in later life then good for him, I suppose.

I've given up reading too much about the lives of people whose work I enjoy, biographies and whatnot. I'm almost invariably disappointed when I discover what canutes they really are/were.

I totally agree with the first part, not sure about the second part.

I think there’s an obligation to call out and condemn people who’s work we admire.

Like many others I love watching Messi but he’s a tax dodging wee p***k.  I’d love to see him or others like him getting the jail rather than having to pay a large fine and back tax.