Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

17 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Are you kidding? You're welcome to take as many pops at whoever you'd like if you feel some fascist and/or racist is having their rights impinged upon. It's very entertaining.

Still curious about whether or not Clapton's a racist, BTW.

Better that he addressed (just a couple of years back) than not. Said it was out of character and against what he really stands for and that booze and drugs had messed him up. From a bit of personal experience with addictions I know it’s possible to do things out of character and regret them. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Better that he addressed (just a couple of years back) than not. Said it was out of character and against what he really stands for and that booze and drugs had messed him up. From a bit of personal experience with addictions I know it’s possible to do things out of character and regret them. 

Boo. That answer is far too sensible.

This lockdown has made me a nicer person.  Maybe it’s because I need to interact with people less, but on those occasions I’m going to a supermarket I’m invariably exchanging a few kind words with the checkout person.

I hope to return to my normal self when this is over.

Edited by Granny Danger

6 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Boo. That answer is far too sensible.

Sorry! I can’t imagine ever going on a racist rant but we’ve probably all done things that, if we’re truthful with ourselves, don’t sit well alongside our usual moral compass. And Granny D, the avatar is changed now. I’d hoped it may give you some sort of seizure but you’ve probably pickled your brain to the point you’re basically embalmed/immortal.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Sorry! I can’t imagine ever going on a racist rant but we’ve probably all done things that, if we’re truthful with ourselves, don’t sit well alongside our usual moral compass. And Granny D, the avatar is changed now. I’d hoped it may give you some sort of seizure but you’ve probably pickled your brain to the point you’re basically embalmed/immortal.

Quoted, as apparently you're on ignore.

Well done on being a "very good poster", BTW. I didn't think Granny liked anyone.

Turned 32 yesterday. Spent most of my night telling my neighbours son I'll knock his c**t in if he lifts his hands to his mither again. 
Then his mither telt me, I'm the dick. 

Happy belated birthday mate! Sounds...different. I’ve also had a birthday, apparently a significant one but I don’t buy all that pish, during lockdown...pretty shite eh?

That aside, its possible to change and grow as a person too.

Everyone needs to be educated on things. If you have put of line views on stuff, and someone puts you right and you accept it then I am generally.ok with that.

What Clapton said is an extreme example but I think "once a racist always a racist" is a pretty narrow view.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Quoted, as apparently you're on ignore.

Well done on being a "very good poster", BTW. I didn't think Granny liked anyone.

He was probably on to his second bottle of the morning tbf. 

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That aside, its possible to change and grow as a person too.

Everyone needs to be educated on things. If you have put of line views on stuff, and someone puts you right and you accept it then I am generally.ok with that.

What Clapton said is an extreme example but I think "once a racist always a racist" is a pretty narrow view.

He had some pretty horrific stuff to deal with a couple of decades later and that maybe brought him a bit of humility as he looked for peace and comfort.

A picture of Ruggy Jr in his Falkirk strip almost melted my heart the other day he looked so smart in it. Actually thought “I hope he grows up to star for Falkirk” rather than “I hope the wee Falkirk fucker gets his lunch money taken off him”. It is possible to soften.

Snowing here btw ffs!

He had some pretty horrific stuff to deal with a couple of decades later and that maybe brought him a bit of humility as he looked for peace and comfort.
A picture of Ruggy Jr in his Falkirk strip almost melted my heart the other day he looked so smart in it. Actually thought “I hope he grows up to star for Falkirk” rather than “I hope the wee Falkirk fucker gets his lunch money taken off him”. It is possible to soften.
Snowing here btw ffs!

Should have been “o hope he grows up to captain Falkirk as they doss about league 2”. Snowing in Aberdeen but no sign of any snow where I am in Fife, colder than it has been but not cold enough to snow, currently.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Appreciated, even with the mandatory sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

This lockdown has made me a nicer person.  Maybe it’s because I need to interact with people less, but on those occasions I’m going to a supermarket I’m invariably exchanging a few kind words with the checkout person.

I hope to return to my normal self when this is over.

You've certainly been more approachable of late Granny, still a work in progress though I feel.

Thank you

I missed the whole Clapton racist rant discussion yesterday.  I found his whole drugs/alcohol excuse a bit thin; I’m not sure what drugs or drink turn you into a racist.

I think it’s possible to admire the music and be critical of the artist.  My one time seeing him live confirmed that he’s an arsehole of a human being whilst also a great performer.  His ‘atonement’ is well documented and I think he will be judged at least in part on the things he’s done since his outburst.  Still doesn’t excuse it in my eyes.

Seeing the comparison with Morrissey was sad but not surprising given its source.  Morrissey is an utter scumbag of a man who has ongoing extreme right-wing and racist views; his political affiliation proves this.  He makes no apologies for his views either.

There will be some people who still admire Morrissey’s music and are openly repelled by his views; I remember Billy Bragg doing an article (I think it was in the Guardian) making that very point.

There will be others who will condone, or worse, endorse his views because they are so besotted by him.

13 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

You've certainly been more approachable of late Granny, still a work in progress though I feel.

Thank you

Fùck off.

ETA I was talking about irl.  I’ve always been a nice person on here.

Edited by Granny Danger

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There will be some people who still admire Morrissey’s music and are openly repelled by his views;

True. You don't have to be an anti-Semite to listen to Wagner.

3 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I'm going to listen to The Kinks before lunch.

They need to rewrite the lyrics of the self-preservation society to include a line about 2m social distancing.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Has Clapton not since said that he was steaming when he said that but also that Enoch Powell was right and was a brave man etc etc?

I thought he said that around the same time.

He’s still a cùnt; a very talented cùnt.