Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Own goals are a thing that Scotland can, genuinely, claim to be world class at. 

Thank you, Willie Donnachie.

Well deserved. Those games where the leading team would pass back and forth to the keeper for the last few minutes were an absolute arseache. I'd actually forgotten how shite that was.

I don't think I'd ever realised how poor our Home Championships performance was, right before the World Cup in 1978. Did nobody think, if we couldn't beat Wales or Norn Iron, becoming World Champions might be a bit of a stretch?

55 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It won't be too much help in Scotland but here's a way to tell how long until sunset.

Why would it not be of much help in Scotland?

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

I was walking through the Hampden car park when that one went in. Wales had missed a late penalty and we left to get to the station before the main crowd. Suddenly this huge groan went up but we didn't find out what had happened until people started arriving on the platform. It was about five years before I finally managed to see the goal - on a Not the Nine o'Clock News sketch called Scottish Save of the Season.

51 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Well deserved. Those games where the leading team would pass back and forth to the keeper for the last few minutes were an absolute arseache. I'd actually forgotten how shite that was.

I don't think I'd ever realised how poor our Home Championships performance was, right before the World Cup in 1978. Did nobody think, if we couldn't beat Wales or Norn Iron, becoming World Champions might be a bit of a stretch?

I remember walking to Hampden for the NI game. 1-1 iirc. Glorious spring sunshine, huge crowd. Scotland were rotten with John Robertson pumping long straight balls into the box for the defenders to gobble up. But it was only a friendly, we'll be fine when it matters...

Why would it not be of much help in Scotland?
Perhaps because theres lots of folk like Knightswood Bear with his wee tiny hands thinking he still has six hours till sunset when it's only 45 minutes away?

Tommy Gemmell putting one past Ronnie Simpson in 1967. Scotland 0 USSR 2.

This t-shirt is on sale in an advert on this site. Was there not a few people who would feel squeamish at the sight of it. Think the Div character is trying to push people who hate that kind of thing to go Platinum. 

Screenshot_20200508-074129_Gallery.thumb.jpg.408c7cc71cf79f9328945da151bce037.jpg
Yeah that is fucking disgusting tbh

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
10 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:
This t-shirt is on sale in an advert on this site. Was there not a few people who would feel squeamish at the sight of it. Think the Div character is trying to push people who hate that kind of thing to go Platinum. 

Screenshot_20200508-074129_Gallery.thumb.jpg.408c7cc71cf79f9328945da151bce037.jpg

Yeah that is fucking disgusting tbh

It comes in different colours, if that helps.

14 minutes ago, Spring Onion said:

Screenshot_20200508-074129_Gallery.jpg

That looks like Coronavirus leaving the body from the top down.  I’d cross the road to avoid passing anyone wearing that.