Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Hello lads! Just thought I'd share the second track from my upcoming debut album, Grey Hairs And Black Dogs (out on May 29th). This song is called Someone Like Me and it is based on those extremely rare occasions at university when an attractive member of the opposite sex would show an interest in me and I'd convince myself that they must be going through a temporary period of insanity. Their attraction to me would be a real turn-off. There is nothing more unappealing than bad taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-LhQfsp4M

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

Hello lads! Just thought I'd share the second track from my upcoming debut album, Grey Hairs And Black Dogs (out on May 29th). This song is called Someone Like Me and it is based on those extremely rare occasions at university when an attractive member of the opposite sex would show an interest in me and I'd convince myself that they must be going through a temporary period of insanity. Their attraction to me would be a real turn-off. There is nothing more unappealing than bad taste.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM-LhQfsp4M

You got a heavy Smiths influence?

Thank you.

Just received my "high risk" letter this morning from the Scottish Government.  It says i've to self-isolate and follow the various instructions they provide for a full 12 weeks - "from the date of this letter".  I've been chez moi since 21st March, so i'm already 5ish weeks compliant.  Another seven weeks from now will take me to the middle of June, which is roughly when my work are looking (optimistically) to be resuming.  I'm more concerned to find out if this letter is the equivalent of a "sick line" if my work want to resume, but i'm obliged to stay home due to my health (or lack of it or i wouldn't have got the letter).  It's something i'll look at if the situation arises, but has anyone here who has a similar letter been made aware of what the position might be ??

Cheers  

Just received my "high risk" letter this morning from the Scottish Government.  It says i've to self-isolate and follow the various instructions they provide for a full 12 weeks - "from the date of this letter".  I've been chez moi since 21st March, so i'm already 5ish weeks compliant.  Another seven weeks from now will take me to the middle of June, which is roughly when my work are looking (optimistically) to be resuming.  I'm more concerned to find out if this letter is the equivalent of a "sick line" if my work want to resume, but i'm obliged to stay home due to my health (or lack of it or i wouldn't have got the letter).  It's something i'll look at if the situation arises, but has anyone here who has a similar letter been made aware of what the position might be ??
Cheers  

Cheers  

Not me (hard as nails) but know a few folk who have received them, basically same boat as you. Self isolate as much as possible and just see when the situation changes. Not easy or much fun but needs must for now.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Not me (hard as nails) but know a few folk who have received them, basically same boat as you. Self isolate as much as possible and just see when the situation changes. Not easy or much fun but needs must for now.

I'm obviously getting senile and dotty in my old age too, to the point that i seem to be repeating myself.   🙃

I'm obviously getting senile and dotty in my old age too, to the point that i seem to be repeating myself.   [emoji854]

Might have been my fault! I started replying, got distracted, came back to it hit reply to load the draft I’d started. Technology not as smart as it thinks it is...

Somehow managed to get sucked into a covid-19 conspiracy theory/anti vaxxer discussion on Facebook earlier, arguing with a couple of folk who have always seemed generally sound of mind but now seem certain that Bill Gates wants to force the world to take his drugs so he can rule for all eternity.

42 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-52366610

P&B sister site Mumsnet is on the ropes.

3 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
42 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

#bapsoutforheroes

13 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Rescue Sparklingbrook, bring her over here, the rest can GTF.

We need to send our best WUM's over there to get it up them before it closes.

Nurse uniforms.

52 minutes ago, Ross. said:

couple of folk who have always seemed generally sound of mind but now seem certain that Bill Gates wants to force the world to take his drugs so he can rule for all eternity.

With his dosh and being in his 60s would he not be better working on a life extending drug before going for world domination? Would only take the world domination bit serious if he was in a swivel chair and stroking a cat.

14 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Can the good people of P & B not record a charity single to raise funds for Mumsnet given our fraternal/sororal/paternal/maternal connections from a few years back ??

I'd like it to be a fitting tribute and would suggest a cover of the legendary Fife band, "Stookie's Foot" single from the 70s called "Whingeing Bints".   

Any alternatives for the charity single ??

13 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Can the good people of P & B not record a charity single to raise funds for Mumsnet given our fraternal/sororal/paternal/maternal connections from a few years back ??

I'd like it to be a fitting tribute and would suggest a cover of the legendary Fife band, "Stookie's Foot" single from the 70s called "Whingeing Bints".   

Any alternatives for the charity single ??

"Die like the Rangers, you're going to die like the Rangers"