Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 hours ago, hearthammer said:

????     You've lost me on that one, i'm afraid.    It was a guy who works in one of the coffee outlets who was chatting to airline staff.  

Apologies if i've missed a "whoosh" there.

Just in case you knew John Watson. Don’t know if he’s still working there but was for a good while.

We're now in home office mode at work. Which is totally fine except the fact that the missus needs my laptop to do her college course as the software she needs doesn't work on hers. 

I was genuinely looking forward to getting stuck into my Football Manager save but that's f*cked. Gutted doesn't cover it. 

28 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

We're now in home office mode at work. Which is totally fine except the fact that the missus needs my laptop to do her college course as the software she needs doesn't work on hers. 

Remember to delete your browsing history before you let her use it.

3 hours ago, L'immortale Par said:

Just in case you knew John Watson. Don’t know if he’s still working there but was for a good while.

Now understood.  Was unaware he worked there.

All kidding aside, it looks like lots of employees across the whole airport will be temporarily laid off pending an upturn in this situation.  Not good for the zero-hour guys in the retail outlets in particular. 

Got a phone call yesterday about a job I was in for, asked if I was still interested. I said aye and was told they'd phone back later that day or today. Guys not long off the phone, asked if I was still interested, I said aye. He says "Right, well I'm away for my dinner I'll phone you back at half one". 

Contemplating just fucking him about now, tbh. 

On 09/03/2020 at 17:03, hearthammer said:

For the last couple of years i've been following the progress of the Ospreys at the Loch of the Lowes from the initial return of the adults to the departure of the chicks in the Autumn.  Due to start soon so, if anyone would be interested in following the progress, here's a link.  Will be up and running soon.

https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-online/loch-of-the-lowes-webcam/

Have checked back in today and it seems the webcam is now fully up and running.  It also looks as if the main camera has been slightly moved and is giving a better view of the nest. 

Mon the Ospreys

2 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Done. And can I be the first to congratulate you on being the first ever student to post a survey on P&B that isn’t about standing at the football. 

Got this leaflet through my door. I have to say, what a generous, accommodating young lady! (Though in the current situation, I think I'll pass on her offer.)

Free Ride.jpg

Edited by GordonD

Sitting in the kitchen having a glass of wine.  Once I’ve finished I might have another one.
I've pulled the sofa* out into the garden/driveway with a €1.89 bottle of Cabernet Franc and 21° temperature. Honestly this lockdown is wonderful.

*first thing I've pulled in years.

Done. Though I answered the first part thinking they meant Gaelic, because I'm a fucking idiot.