Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

10 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's instantly and then there's sitting for a few weeks or months thinking about and the walk up to the gallows.t

I never got the last meal thing, I'm not sure my appetite would be up to much.

At least you'd have time to get used to the idea. Worst would be having eager pro bono do gooders telling you every day that they had a new wheeze to get you off. Agree on the last supper, valium pizza I think, whisky wouldn't do it. 

Sad but true though, the world doesn’t come to a stand still every time someone dies otherwise we would never get anything done. Imagine how many people are affected by someone jumping in front of a train, some would be left hugely traumatised where as others would be largely inconvenienced because their journey can’t go as planned but the impact this sort of thing is massive.
I think the point is that the worst thing that's going to happen to those who complain is they're late. And if that's the worst thing that happens to them then it's not even an issue in comparison to other effected by such an event.

The world keeps turning, of course. But anyone who continues to fume after finding out the reason they are going to be delayed is because a human being felt so worthless they decided to jump in front of a train, is a complete c**t.

Maybe more for the depression thread, but i am the same in that i wonder what the thinking is for the people that decide to go publicly. Maybe people are right, that there is that thought process of “maybe someone will stop me, maybe find out i am not worthless” or maybe the more public ways, hit by a car/train are more likely to do the maximum damage and kill them rather than overdose or that. It’s maybe just unfortunate, although not intentional that this is more public.

Research shows men tend to go for the no way back approaches, bridges, shotguns, trains. Woman more likely to slash wrists, overdose which are less successful.

By the time you reach suicidal you’re ability for rational thought has gone. You’re sole focus is on ensuring you are dead. Collateral damage doesn’t cross your mind.

Ive been ready go in front of Aye Express a few times. Thankfully accessed help instead.

Then I was in relationship with train engineer who gave me pretty graphic account what’s left of person, the process cleaning bits people out a train and the drivers recovery.

7 hours ago, philpy said:

I had an argument with a friend the other week, as his nephew's train was delayed due to someone being hit by a train near Longniddry. He described it as an "inconvenience". Aye, try telling that to the family, or the train driver for that matter...

I, and a few others had the same argument on Facebook with a colleague a couple of years ago after some poor sod "inconvenienced" her by ending his life, thus delaying her train ride home. In her words, he was an "inconsiderate b*****d."

If anyone want's really cheered up(joke), there is a film/documentary about suicides jumpers from the Golden Gate Bridge.  I won't post the link.  It's not the easiest of watches tbf, however, there is a insight into what people are going through at these desperate times.

I thought the public suicide, was the last hope for help.

I've had thought about it in my younger life at various times. The thing looking back is that if anyone was to see me at those moments, they wouldn't have seen anything unusual I believe.
In my experience and knowledge, it's such an internal thing that, I'm guessing, eventually you just flip a switch to "that's it, it's happening" and you go balls out to achieve it.

Quite if that's the reality for anyone, I don't know.

8 hours ago, RH33 said:

Research shows men tend to go for the no way back approaches, bridges, shotguns, trains. Woman more likely to slash wrists, overdose which are less successful.

By the time you reach suicidal you’re ability for rational thought has gone. You’re sole focus is on ensuring you are dead. Collateral damage doesn’t cross your mind.

Ive been ready go in front of Aye Express a few times. Thankfully accessed help instead.

Then I was in relationship with train engineer who gave me pretty graphic account what’s left of person, the process cleaning bits people out a train and the drivers recovery.

Suicide by women fell drastically when they changed the type of gas used in our homes (1960s or so?). Used to be easy to put your head in the (gas) oven and wait to drift off thanks to CO poisoning. Like you say, women didn’t suddenly switch to the type of violent, dramatic suicides men go for.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

23 minutes ago, L'immortale Par said:

Suicide by women fell drastically when they changed the type of gas used in our homes (1960s or so?). Used to be easy to put your head in the (gas) oven and wait to drift off thanks to CO poisoning. Like you say, women didn’t suddenly switch to the type of violent, dramatic suicides men go for.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Another happy fact to add to my useless knowledge of mental health! Thanks!

12 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's instantly and then there's sitting for a few weeks or months thinking about it and the walk up to the gallows.

I never got the last meal thing, I'm not sure my appetite would be up to much.

Gluten free last meal? 

6 hours ago, Shotgun said:

I, and a few others had the same argument on Facebook with a colleague a couple of years ago after some poor sod "inconvenienced" her by ending his life, thus delaying her train ride home. In her words, he was an "inconsiderate b*****d."

That woman should have kept that to herself, doesn’t mean that it’s not what a good number of people think when their train has been delayed though. 

I can't imagine ever being so depressed that I'd want to take my own life. And maybe that's the point - people who reach that stage are in a dark place that the rest of us can't understand, so it's probably no use trying to put yourself in their place.

That's not to say I don't sympathise with them, quite the opposite. I honestly don't know what I'd say if somebody told me they were thinking of doing away with themselves; fortunately I've never been in that position.

45 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I realised last night I've been alive through five decades. Felt weird

Have you ever done the exercise where you take your age, and subtract it from your date of birth? Then you think of all the monumental world events that took place in that period of time before you were born. For me, that would everything from 1905 to 1962. Ancient history, right?

Then you consider that a child born today, will look at everything that's happened while you've been alive in exactly the same way. The Cold War, man walking on the moon, the introduction of the Internet, 9/11 and the resulting wars, Britain's time in the EU...all ancient history.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I realised last night I've been alive through five decades. Felt weird

If I'm reading that right, that means your date of birth is probably closer to the Second World War than today. That'll mess with your head!