Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 18/02/2020 at 09:11, ICTChris said:

ITV have said that “the door was open” for Caroline Flack to return to Love Island after the court case.

I find this disturbing for a couple of reasons. One is that I just don’t think it’s true, if she had been found guilty of a crime of violence I don’t think they’d have taken her back in a million years. ITV are lying because they want to make themselves look good in the post suicide media storm.

Secondly, I think that this sort of statement is dangerous in terms of copycat actions. If people who are ill or suicidal or both see the actors in another situation make promises to change or being posthumously lauded then it could fuel the idea of “I’ll show them”. I’d have to look it up but I’m sure there is research into suicide that has shown that thi s motivation is relatively common.

Samaritans certainly have reporting guidelines around suicide due to copycat worries.

Sadly the tabloids don’t give a toss about guidelines. 

7 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I think the designs offered for the flag of Skye are crap

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51558612

Let's see yours then. I'd design one but I'm not sure what Skye means to me.

The Celtic one with the longship would, sadly, be hijacked by white supremacists.

A hairdresser in Edinburgh has banned gossip mags after Flack's suicide. Which is good because they're a load of boring shite about people I don't care about 

I would hope they would follow the example of Woods in the early 80s and have a pile of old copies of the Topper for people to read. Much healthier.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

It's white settlers they have in sky not supremacists

I quite like wing over water one.

I think that's the best but the wing just looks a bit... shit.

Likewise I like the Celtic/Norse knot but the boat is a nod to the heraldic symbol of the Western Isles which sorta ruins the whole image

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I don't know Capaldi's music, and have seen that people have shared "funny" vids of him before, but he seems like a harmless young lad.

There was a great scene of him playing the electric guitar aboard the TARDIS.

I don't know if I've somehow gone back in time or if one of my workmates just got the news 23 years late or what, but last night he started telling Princess Diana jokes and showing memes about her crash, much to his own hilarity. When he later said to the supervisor, "I've got a Princess Diana joke for you", the supervisor's reply was, "I'm not interested, I've got too much respect for that lady". 

I'm still trying to figure out who's the most tragic between the pair of them.