Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Received this email from my son's nursery:

Good afternoon,

I hope you are well.

Following a query from a parent in our other nursery this morning regarding our policy on the prevention and containment of the coronavirus in the unlikely event that any of our children, staff and parents are affected, I have contacted Public Health.  They have advised that they have no specific guidance for nurseries, however pointed me in the direction of their information website.  I have printed the information from the website and used this to create a best practice policy.  Both of these documents are available on the parents notice board in the hallway. I have attached the best practice policy for ease.

I would like to reassure you that there have been NO cases of this in either of the nurseries this is purely a precautionary measure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Who the f**k asked them this? :lol:

Received this email from my son's nursery:

Good afternoon,

I hope you are well.

Following a query from a parent in our other nursery this morning regarding our policy on the prevention and containment of the coronavirus in the unlikely event that any of our children, staff and parents are affected, I have contacted Public Health.  They have advised that they have no specific guidance for nurseries, however pointed me in the direction of their information website.  I have printed the information from the website and used this to create a best practice policy.  Both of these documents are available on the parents notice board in the hallway. I have attached the best practice policy for ease.

I would like to reassure you that there have been NO cases of this in either of the nurseries this is purely a precautionary measure.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Who the f**k asked them this? default_laugh.png

Someone at the other nursery. Is it in Wuhan, perchance ?

14 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Mumsnet type parents who have absolutely nothing in their lives but their arsehole kids.

...and Facebook. Guaranteed to have been asked as potential fuel for "OMG wee Dylan's nursery has NO plan for Kronervirus!!! Pure affronted lyk!  :o:angry::thumbsdown"

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I ate an entire bag of these that my uncle had brought over for my kids. 

Not one of my prouder moments. 

You can get ten bags for nine quid on Amazon.  Just between you and not your kids.

39 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

...and Facebook. Guaranteed to have been asked as potential fuel for "OMG wee Dylan's nursery has NO plan for Kronervirus!!! Pure affronted lyk!  :o:angry::thumbsdown"

To be fair a nursery should have plans for flu.

But looks like COVID-19 is leaving young people alone and getting rid of the over 50's. Mon the young folk!

19 hours ago, 101 said:

To be fair a nursery should have plans for flu.

But looks like COVID-19 is leaving young people alone and getting rid of the over 50's. Mon the young folk!

They should encourage the children to catch it. Much better to get it now so they can't get it again when they're older.

Because they'll be dead.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

52 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

They should encourage the children to catch it. Much better to get it now so they can't get it again when they're older.

Because they'll be dead.

I'm sure mothers used to have measles parties so they could get their kids over and done with it. Maybe coronavirus parties are the way forward. 

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

I'm sure mothers used to have measles parties so they could get their kids over and done with it. Maybe coronavirus parties are the way forward. 

I've known Mrs WRK, when the rosettes were young, rush round to some passing acquaintance's hous for one of these "infect your offspring" parties*. Bizarre in the extreme, I've always thought.

*Chickenpox was the disorder of choice in their cases.

26 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I've known Mrs WRK, when the rosettes were young, rush round to some passing acquaintance's hous for one of these "infect your offspring" parties*. Bizarre in the extreme, I've always thought.

*Chickenpox was the disorder of choice in their cases.

Yeah, it's more likely to have been chickenpox parties now you mention it. 

On 18/02/2020 at 09:11, ICTChris said:

ITV have said that “the door was open” for Caroline Flack to return to Love Island after the court case.

I find this disturbing for a couple of reasons. One is that I just don’t think it’s true, if she had been found guilty of a crime of violence I don’t think they’d have taken her back in a million years. ITV are lying because they want to make themselves look good in the post suicide media storm.

Secondly, I think that this sort of statement is dangerous in terms of copycat actions. If people who are ill or suicidal or both see the actors in another situation make promises to change or being posthumously lauded then it could fuel the idea of “I’ll show them”. I’d have to look it up but I’m sure there is research into suicide that has shown that thi s motivation is relatively common.

How would they know that if the suicidee doesn't leave a note/messages on social media?

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Will they get a baddy bag home with them for the rest of the family?