Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Bananaman is 40. I can remember getting the first Nutty comic from my mum when skiving school with a cold. The by-line was "Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Oh no, it's that twit again!". Still got a Bananaman pencil case. Some rotter drew a nob on him in pen at school but I managed to erase it.

Yes, I know- Blast from the Past thread for this pish!

The whole series is on Amazon Prime. I've been watching it with my nieces recently

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was sponsoring a guide dog and got quite a few greenies for it.

So at the risk of sounding like a Vegan by telling this to complete strangers, Alfie has now completed his training and is fully qualified and living with his new owner.

I'm now starting my sponsorship of Ruby.

Ruby 1.jpg

20 hours ago, Dele said:

I was on eBay earlier looki g to see if a jacket I'm looking to sell is on sale there. I ended up having a look about. When I get bored I go to 'buy it now' auctions and bid the lowest price so people who list buy it now prices get that knocked off but still have to pay the insertion fee for this. 

Am I the only one on P&B who hasn't a clue what you're on about here?

2 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

He bid a low amount of money to be a dick and remove the higher 'buy it now' price, but nobody else bid on the auction so now he gets to look like Pablo Escobar on the run.

Got it. Here was me thinking it was some charitable act about knocking off part of the cost of listing if you get at least one bid. 

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was sponsoring a guide dog and got quite a few greenies for it.

So at the risk of sounding like a Vegan by telling this to complete strangers, Alfie has now completed his training and is fully qualified and living with his new owner.

I'm now starting my sponsorship of Ruby.

Ruby 1.jpg

I used to work with a guy that did puppy training for guide dogs. He would regularly bring them into the office so that they could get used to an office environment

I'm usually late leaving work on Saturday nights, and the bus home often arrives to let passengers off before heading back to the depot because some w**k has vomited all over the place. Happened on the last bus once, and the driver did us a favour by pretending he hadn't noticed so he could finish the journey and not leave us stranded overnight.

Weirdest, most unpleasant favour anybody's ever done for me.

40 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Anyone else do this?

Quite often they eventually change back to try and attract the retro crowd.  I think Gs in Inverness did that, reverting to Mr G's, which is what it was called when I was in school.

51 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Anyone else do this?

Seems to happen a lot in Hamilton, people still referring to pubs by a name that changed over 10 years ago.

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Quite often they eventually change back to try and attract the retro crowd.  I think Gs in Inverness did that, reverting to Mr G's, which is what it was called when I was in school.

In Hamilton there's The Peacock & The Ivy which was The Tap Room before that, Harvey's before that and before that just plain The Peacock before that so seems to be quite a common thing nowadays.