Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Been invited to a wedding (all day and evening) which will serve vegan food only and no alcohol can be consumed.  She is a vegetarian, not a vegan and her dad used to run a bar, until he got caught by his wife,  fucking the staff and then went all spiritual.  Total farce.

I'll give it a miss

If the vegans went to a normal wedding they'd scream the place down if they were only offered meat dishes. So why can't they reciprocate?

7 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Been invited to a wedding (all day and evening) which will serve vegan food only and no alcohol can be consumed.  She is a vegetarian, not a vegan and her dad used to run a bar, until he got caught by his wife,  fucking the staff and then went all spiritual.  Total farce.

I'll give it a miss

I was invited to a wedding with no alcohol or food. Total fucking waste of time; wish I hadn't bothered going.

Still, our 20th anniversary coming up soon, so maybe that'll make up for it.

Saw a poster up last week advertising a lecture titled 'The End of Meat' that had a picture of a slaughterhouse burning down beside a field full of pigs happily munching away on pastures green.

These morons genuinely think that there'll still be little piggies in fields if we stop eating bacon, pork and gammon, don't they. :wacko:

I was invited to a wedding with no alcohol or food. Total fucking waste of time; wish I hadn't bothered going.

Was this wedding in a church or registry office?  If so, I think you may have missed the  thing they call a reception, which is typically held at a separate venue.

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Was this wedding in a church or registry office?  If so, I think you may have missed the  thing they call a reception, which is typically held at a separate venue.

DirectMiserlyEgret-size_restricted.gif

2 hours ago, bennett said:

On the plus side if you go,  you can take the car.

This is Thailand, unfortunately drink driving is the norm. 

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

If the vegans went to a normal wedding they'd scream the place down if they were only offered meat dishes. So why can't they reciprocate?

I will add this.

Weddings here are paid by the father of the bride, however, everyone who is invited to the wedding is given an envelope which they put money in and then give to the father of the bride when they arrive.  More or less he gets his money back for putting together the gig for everyone.  He is trying a fly one and trying to make money out of his daughters wedding.  Fucking cheap c**t. 

At every wedding I have ever been to here every table, which sits about 8 folk, always has a bottle of whisky and then free beer for anyone who wants.  we also do this a funerals and when someone becomes a monk.  Never have a seen or heard of this pishe before.

I was at a vegan wedding once. Vegetable soup to start, vegan haggis needs and tatties for main and fruit salad for dessert. They had a vegan wedding cake as well. It was alright - vegan food just tends to whack in spices in savoury dishes and sugar in sweet ones so the haggis was really spicy and the cake was really sweet.

No issues with vegetarianism at all. I’ve not had red meat since February and not missed it at all. We eat too much meat, no doubt about it. People are starting to care more about their food and where it comes from and that can only be a good thing. Palm oil etc. 

There’s a big play on social equality, rightly so (Tories are bad etc) but there is still an arrogance and ignorance towards the environment imo. It’s a big problem.

I will add this.
Weddings here are paid by the father of the bride, however, everyone who is invited to the wedding is given an envelope which they put money in and then give to the father of the bride when they arrive.  More or less he gets his money back for putting together the gig for everyone.  He is trying a fly one and trying to make money out of his daughters wedding.  Fucking cheap c**t. 
At every wedding I have ever been to here every table, which sits about 8 folk, always has a bottle of whisky and then free beer for anyone who wants.  we also do this a funerals and when someone becomes a monk.  Never have a seen or heard of this pishe before.
Throw his dug in the river in protest!

6 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

No issues with vegetarianism at all. I’ve not had red meat since February and not missed it at all. We eat too much meat, no doubt about it. People are starting to care more about their food and where it comes from and that can only be a good thing. Palm oil etc. 

There’s a big play on social equality, rightly so (Tories are bad etc) but there is still an arrogance and ignorance towards the environment imo. It’s a big problem.

Whilst i am an omnivore, my issues with certain meats and chicken, etc, is the provenance of the products.  I try and buy local products where possible, but don't mind paying slightly more when i am aware of the provenance and how the animals have been treated before becoming my dinner.  

Are there any high profile vegan footballers?
Forrest green only offer vegan products to fans and players.

Players aren't forced to be vegans in their own time but I think a couple of them have.

Great wee initiative, but genuinely bizarre. Not sure I'd be happy with that.