Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

A couple of those places you might grab a quick bite to eat but anyone selecting any of those places as their favourite 'dining' establishment should be held in utter contempt. 

What else are people going to pick in a list of nationwide brands?

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, sjc said:
You can't beat a carvery now and again TBF.

You can, by going to a proper restaurant that sells decent food.

In terms of wanting roast chicken/beef/lamb/pork and vegetables, I'd say it represents decent value for money. Sure, if you want fine dining go somewhere more upmarket.

Would you go to a Michelin Star restaurant for a fry up?

8 minutes ago, sjc said:

In terms of wanting roast chicken/beef/lamb/pork and vegetables, I'd say it represents decent value for money. Sure, if you want fine dining go somewhere more upmarket.

Would you go to a Michelin Star restaurant for a fry up?

A  home made roast dinner cant be surpassed. I I wouldn't go out for one. A Sunday roast is more about the atmosphere, family round the table, sat on the couch burst after it etc than the grub. I dont understand why folk go out for it. 

22 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I've never had a decent roast at a pub or whatever. It can't be scaled up so something is always cold, the tatties aren't crisp, the gravy is rubbish.

It just generally misses the whole point of a roast dinner IMO. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

A  home made roast dinner cant be surpassed. I I wouldn't go out for one. A Sunday roast is more about the atmosphere, family round the table, sat on the couch burst after it etc than the grub. I dont understand why folk go out for it. 

Perhaps they live alone or even work away from home. Not to mention that, some people can't cook or even be arsed cooking a full roast dinner......or washing up afterwards.

I'll maintain that it good value for what it is. Compare and contrast with the likes of Nandos.