Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

My dad once told me that when he was a kid his father caught him skiving school on a hot day to go swimming in the river and took him home and belted him with the leather strap he used for sharpening his cut throat razor. This wasn’t considered that out of the ordinary for the time, the 1950s. My grandad was a policeman as well. My granny used to hit my dad and the other kids around the legs with the chord of vacuum cleaner as punishment.

And it did never do him any harm, he went in to be a top level sportsman, successful businessman and published author. So the moral of the story is we should all brutally beat our children with leather straps.

For clarification, I only greenied that because I was pishing myself at the last line as opposed to agreeing with your views on child discipline. 

I think everyone got the same treatment back in those days. My parents laugh about it but they obviously thought it was wrong because they never hit me or my brothers in any way.
I think there's a genuine patenting crisis in the (so-called) western world.

Two of the biggest problems seem to be:

- being unable to be firm and decisive without resorting to shouting and balling. Anyone who thinks violence is the answer here is simply wrong.

- the lack of awareness of the importance of spending quality time with your children, where they have your absolute full attention. Good eye-contact, positive interaction, genuine time spent together doing something (pretty much anything).

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I think there's a genuine patenting crisis in the (so-called) western world.

Two of the biggest problems seem to be:

- being unable to be firm and decisive without resorting to shouting and balling. Anyone who thinks violence is the answer here is simply wrong.

- the lack of awareness of the importance of spending quality time with your children, where they have your absolute full attention. Good eye-contact, positive interaction, genuine time spent together doing something (pretty much anything).

Screenshot_20191002-205136_Chrome.jpg

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

"Finger banging with aggressive eye contact." 

spending quality time with your children, where they have your absolute full attention. Good eye-contact, positive interaction, genuine time spent together doing something (pretty much anything).

This could all apply to beating your child with a leather strap.