Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Gerard Kelly is one of those specifically Scottish actors who is as a person thoroughly lovely but plays terrifyingly convincing psychos. Peter Mullen's another.

If you keep referring to him in the present tense I'm going to have to break some sad news to you...

Guest Moomintroll
Gerard Butler, Darren Jackson and Genghis the German Shepherd all died while danger fucking each other at the edge of a cliff. They died doing what they loved though.
Pics or GTF.

If you keep referring to him in the present tense I'm going to have to break some sad news to you...
f**k. I genuinely forgot he was deed.

I think I've reached that age where in my mind celebrities and distant family members can be both alive and dead at the same time.

Gerard Kelly is one of those specifically Scottish actors who is as a person thoroughly lovely but plays terrifyingly convincing psychos. Peter Mullen's another.
Watch him in Extras. A very very different role indeed. He's equally convincing though.

Caught some of the debate on Jeremy Vine Radio 2 show about the smacking ban.

Frightening amount of people who not only believe, but want to admit on national radio, that committing violent acts on young children is acceptable. Many think that it should happen more, to fix many of today's societal problems.

"It never did me any harm" is a common phrase. Well yes, it did. It turned you into a mentalist adult who thinks it's ok to hit kids. Jesus wept.

Caught some of the debate on Jeremy Vine Radio 2 show about the smacking ban.
Frightening amount of people who not only believe, but want to admit on national radio, that committing violent acts on young children is acceptable. Many think that it should happen more, to fix many of today's societal problems.
"It never did me any harm" is a common phrase. Well yes, it did. It turned you into a mentalist adult who thinks it's ok to hit kids. Jesus wept.

My dad once told me that when he was a kid his father caught him skiving school on a hot day to go swimming in the river and took him home and belted him with the leather strap he used for sharpening his cut throat razor. This wasn’t considered that out of the ordinary for the time, the 1950s. My grandad was a policeman as well. My granny used to hit my dad and the other kids around the legs with the chord of vacuum cleaner as punishment.

And it did never do him any harm, he went in to be a top level sportsman, successful businessman and published author. So the moral of the story is we should all brutally beat our children with leather straps.

24 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

And it did never do him any harm, he went in to be a top level sportsman, successful businessman and published author. So the moral of the story is we should all brutally beat our children with leather straps.

ICTChris has a more compelling argument IMO