Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

47 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Kind of missed the old Silppery tbh.
Good to have the bamboo steamer back on form

He's quite the touchy (feely) chap today.

Touchy, it was you who goose stepped me bumming people.

17 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just tried a McDonald's milkshake for the first time since they changed the straws to paper. Awful experience, will not buy again unless they switch it back. 

#f***thewhales

#notpetty 

You need to suck harder and faster. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Just tried a McDonald's milkshake for the first time since they changed the straws to paper. Awful experience, will not buy again unless they switch it back. 

#f***thewhales

#notpetty 

Keep a collection of straws from KFC with you at all times. 

Or just go to KFC and get Daredevil Bites instead of a milkshake. 

Heat >>>> Cold 

Just now, YHallSaint said:

I’m going there next week, is it as good as his other places?

The food was amazing. It's an openly dog and kid friendly place but still felt fairly grown up and formal. There's a wee snug area for kids where they can go and escape the adults in peace. We were just out in town anyway and after some brunch and just dropped in and ended up having three courses. Even the bread and nibbles were incredible. Had this bacon lardon and lentil stew thing as a side dish and would have happily just had it as my main. Things like burgers or fish and chips are very reasonable too. The staff are great too - know their stuff about the menu etc and must rotate around the other Kitchin places too. 

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The food was amazing. It's an openly dog and kid friendly place but still felt fairly grown up and formal. There's a wee snug area for kids where they can go and escape the adults in peace. We were just out in town anyway and after some brunch and just dropped in and ended up having three courses. Even the bread and nibbles were incredible. Had this bacon lardon and lentil stew thing as a side dish and would have happily just had it as my main. Things like burgers or fish and chips are very reasonable too. The staff are great too - know their stuff about the menu etc and must rotate around the other Kitchin places too

I've been at The Kitchin, Leith and the Dominic Jack place on Castle Terrace. Is this a new one at Bruntsfield? What's it called and where is it, exactly? Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

I've been at The Kitchin, Leith and the Dominic Jack place on Castle Terrace. Is this a new one at Bruntsfield? What's it called and where is it, exactly? Thanks. 

There’s one in Gullane (Bonnie Badger) that’s worth a visit and the one in Stockbridge (Scran and Scallie - I’ve blanked that from my memory as last time there was for a work thing and my missus kept ordering bottled of this pink Cava, not realising it was £50odd a pop).

Southside Scran is on Bruntsfield Place, opposite the Links. Only criticism could be the menu isn’t huge and there’s a lot of stuff that would be too outlandish for many (eg gizzards).

Hope you enjoyed mate.  I had my children every saturday and sunday when they were younger without fail.  Sunday afternoons were a mix of deafening silence in my flat when i returned  after i'd taken them back to their mum, then it was some "me" time with the football, rugby or whatever.  Now i have to make an appointment to see them as they're all in their late twenties and busy with their own lives.  Make the most of it while you can.

They were still kicking about the house (they are 9 & 11) but they were happy just playing with lego and their xbox. Won’t get used to it. The next few weekends and last few have been busy as well, so good to get time to chill. Also helped that I didn’t have to spend the whole day stopping them arguing.

Aye, they aren’t young for long. Before you know it they are grown up and you are left wondering where the time has went.