Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Aufc said:

im getting to have a day out for footie hospitality a week on saturday 

I hate to break it to you, but you aren't. You will either go out, be so knackered you'll be steaming/asleep by kick off, or you'll be too knackered to go in the first place. Sorry. 

Congratulations though! 

I hate to break it to you, but you aren't. You will either go out, be so knackered you'll be steaming/asleep by kick off, or you'll be too knackered to go in the first place. Sorry. 

Congratulations though! 

Aye i dont think im going to drink but least i will get out haha. And cheers

Edited to add. Sleeping for the actual football sounds like a good option

14 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I’m staying in a hotel at Edinburgh airport tonight before going on holiday tomorrow. Got the tram into town for something to eat and a few drinks. Couldn’t believe the number of homeless/beggars around Princes street and George street. Definitely increased since I was last there.

Big fan of the trams though.

Romanian gypsies were taking over from the Spud fae Trainspotting types for a while.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 02:47, Cerberus said:

IMG_2578.jpg

What is this thing?

It's a Clanger that Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin captured in 1969 and is being held in Area 51.

That's what your mass trespass will reveal, conspiracy theory types, a wee blue string pudding eating b*****d.

4 hours ago, Aufc said:

It all started well yesterday then he started being pretty violent last night. However he seems to be alright today.

Haha aye. Although im getting to have a day out for footie hospitality a week on saturday so i cant really complain

Aye, you'll be needing a wee break by then.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49169986

Rare moment of sense re unconscious bias from one of the lizards. Harry doesnt count though does he....

Something a lot of folk could learn from these days instead of dealing only in absolutes.

Decent piece as you say but I like that his wife is guest editor basically "our sales are falling can we stick your name to this" also pretty ironic that he says advertising contributes to bias and Vouge is essentially a book of adverts.

I will have a new found respect for them if they stick Wills on the cover with "Mad Shagged" as the caption

4 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Decent piece as you say but I like that his wife is guest editor basically "our sales are falling can we stick your name to this" also pretty ironic that he says advertising contributes to bias and Vouge is essentially a book of adverts.

I will have a new found respect for them if they stick Wills on the cover with "Mad Shagged" as the caption

I just thought it was relevant to this forum since it is prone to witch hunt stype branding of people. You can say a racist thing and not be a racist person, is the crux of it for me

19 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

I’m staying in a hotel at Edinburgh airport tonight before going on holiday tomorrow. Got the tram into town for something to eat and a few drinks. Couldn’t believe the number of homeless/beggars around Princes street and George street. Definitely increased since I was last there.

Big fan of the trams though.

Absolutely loads in Central Edinburgh, particularly bad where I work in Holyrood/South Bridge area, and they’re really quite aggressive. There are daily violent brawls between them and physical and verbal assaults on people passing by. Really quite grim.

Waitrose shoppers are moaning because they're getting a Lidl https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-49149461

"Three quarters of the people who live here are not Lidl customers," said shopper Daphne Simpson.

"They expect a higher quality product and this is what you get from Waitrose here. Everyone I've spoken to is upset about it."

Another regular, Ian Hall, said: "I'm disappointed. The staff were always friendly and helpful. They'll talk to you, unlike other supermarkets where they're trying to rush you out all the time.

"I'll miss the little things like different types of cheeses. I think it's going to be a lot more basic with Lidl and that's the problem.

"We'll still keep coming here because we live very close but I don't think we'll get the same quality.

"It could also drop the price of houses because it went up round here when Waitrose came in."

4 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Did the same not happen to a Waitrose or wholefoods in Clarkson, Giffnock area? Some quality snobbery then too.

Yup across road from Waitrose in Newton Mearns!