Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Lovely. Having a garden is terrific.

I have been in a flat for 5.5 years now and whilst the location is great there is something not natural about living in a flat and not having a garden you can sit in on a nice day. Last summer was particularly difficult with the heat of wave/World Cup.

Nah not as far out as that. I thought those places had stopped expanding anyway?

Doesn’t seem that way. The developments at Kirkliston and Winchburgh seem like they have doubled the size of both towns.

What area (or roughly if you don’t want to be too specific) you moving to? Seems Edinburgh is surrounded by new developments at the moment. A lot of building going on at Straiton, Prestonpans and looks like a couple of huge plots of land by the A1 are being landscaped for new builds out near Tranent.

7 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m selling my flat and have a viewing today and have noticed there are quite a few spray marks on the walls in the sitting room from when I haven’t covered my mouth. The wall next to the table where I used to sit at to study is particularly bad and it’s quite stubborn to clean off.

From your mouth you say?

It makes me uncomfortable enough when people use the wrong who's/whose, but "whos" takes the piss. I can never tell if people who use it actually think it's a word in its own right, or if they just got stuck making the who's/whose decision and went for a bit of both. 

9 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m selling my flat and have a viewing today and have noticed there are quite a few spray marks on the walls in the sitting room from when I haven’t covered my mouth used a sock. The wall next to the table where I used to sit at to study is particularly bad and it’s quite stubborn to clean off.

FTFY. 

It makes me uncomfortable enough when people use the wrong who's/whose, but "whos" takes the piss. I can never tell if people who use it actually think it's a word in its own right, or if they just got stuck making the who's/whose decision and went for a bit of both. 

Misuse of their/there and of/off boils my piss.

Doesn’t seem that way. The developments at Kirkliston and Winchburgh seem like they have doubled the size of both towns.

What area (or roughly if you don’t want to be too specific) you moving to? Seems Edinburgh is surrounded by new developments at the moment. A lot of building going on at Straiton, Prestonpans and looks like a couple of huge plots of land by the A1 are being landscaped for new builds out near Tranent.

I’m moving near Musselburgh/portybelly. It’s largely down to the Mrs who wanted to stay closer to town, I’d happily have moved to fife and got a bigger place but she was having none of it.

Loads of areas around the bypass are being built on in the next few years which is why Edinburgh will be more populated than Glasgow in 2030 apparently.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I have been in a flat for 5.5 years now and whilst the location is great there is something not natural about living in a flat and not having a garden you can sit in on a nice day. Last summer was particularly difficult with the heat of wave/World Cup.

Gardens are great but gardening is unutterably shite.  Fortunately, you're living in the perfect city for good garden access and no gardening.  When we lived in EH6 (when we had our younger two) we'd a key for Regent Gardens and it was the perfect blend of both.