Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Oh not really, I just use my bank card to scrape off ice from the side windows if I haven't already pre-heated the car (it has an app you can use to fire it up and get it warmed up/cooled down as required). 

Getting a Volvo S90 next month with this facility.  Looking forward to going out day after day next winter only to realise I have forgotten to switch it on.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

This morning I saw a woman pouring a jug of hot water over her frosted car windscreen.

Sadly the screen never cracked but maybe next time. Presumably the water wasn't boiling.

Utter laziness that could end up costing her however much a new windscreen is. 

I do this with tepid water from the tap.  

Works a treat rather than scraping.

Im out the door.  quick splash and into the car whilst Moira up the road is furiously bashing away with her frozen hands. 

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Getting a Volvo S90 next month with this facility.  Looking forward to going out day after day next winter only to realise I have forgotten to switch it on.

I almost always forget. Infuriatingly, the app doesn't allow you to pre-heat the steering wheel so you have to press the button when you get in.

ETA - that's a very tasteful vehicle Grandbags. 

Edited by Shandon Par

Sitting on my lunch break 'touching cloth', with only 10 mins until I'm due back at my desk, so I can go for a shite on the firm's time.

Eating food whilst bursting for a shite is a skill I have never mastered.
Once that sphincter starts twitching, Usain Bolt would find it difficult to beat me to the traps.

I was awoken abruptly last night by the current future Mrs Connolly suffering a bout of sleep Tourette's, and screaming that "Pippi Longstocking can go f**k herself".

While this was obviously shocking at the time, as I've thought more about it today, I'm concerned that despite the fact Ms Longstocking has never done anything to hurt me, I can't help but agree with the sentiment.

14 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This classic:

Around the time this was first broadcast I was working in a call centre in Glasgow. A few of the boys in there spent half their day phoning random extension numbers in the building and if the phone was answered, would say "Requiem" in that voice and then immediately hang up. Got some very strange reactions.

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You’ve been doing limes of cement again haven’t you.

I'm surprised you didn't pull him up for assuming you didn't know what inverse meant.

Not that I'm suggesting you go back and call him a condescending bassa or anything. 

12 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

You’ve been doing limes of cement again haven’t you.

You're just green with envy (green being the colour of limes).

Unless you meant calcium hydroxide of course (which is a form of lime and is predominantly white).

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'm surprised you didn't pull him up for assuming you didn't know what inverse meant.

Not that I'm suggesting you go back and call him a condescending bassa or anything. 

Image result for david brent gif

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You're just green with envy (green being the colour of limes).

Unless you meant calcium hydroxide of course (which is a form of lime and is predominantly white).

Image result for david brent gif

M8 I’ve laboured for brickies and scaffolders in my youth and concrete, mortar etc is not rocket science. Some cement, shovel, sand, some stones, cement mixer. Didn’t need to consult a fucking doctor. 

M8 I’ve laboured for brickies and scaffolders in my youth and concrete, mortar etc is not rocket science. Some cement, shovel, sand, some stones, cement mixer. Didn’t need to consult a fucking doctor. 

Doctor of sticky sand.

Lets get some fucking perspective here.