Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

45 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Inexperienced and infrequent riders trying to relive their daredevil youths.

When I went to do my CBT at the end of August it was the first time I had been on a bike since 1981. I thought that it would be simple to just pick it up again. How wrong I was! I spent about 4 hours riding round in circles in a little compound on the first day. On the second day we went out on the road and the instructor was shouting at me for not doing 60mph. Although I had been on a bike before I couldn't help but think how on earth a total beginner would get on. I must admit that I was fearless as a youngster but feck me, there are some huge motors on the road nowadays.

10 hours ago, supermik said:

When I went to do my CBT at the end of August it was the first time I had been on a bike since 1981. I thought that it would be simple to just pick it up again. How wrong I was! I spent about 4 hours riding round in circles in a little compound on the first day. On the second day we went out on the road and the instructor was shouting at me for not doing 60mph. Although I had been on a bike before I couldn't help but think how on earth a total beginner would get on. I must admit that I was fearless as a youngster but feck me, there are some huge motors on the road nowadays.

Cognitive Behaviour Therapy on a motorbike? Sounds interesting.

Passed the direct access course in March of this year. I'd never sat on a motorbike before taking the lessons and to be honest I was surprised at how quickly I was able to get into the swing of things. In saying that I found after passing the various tests I was still unprepared when it came to being set loose on the roads.

Still absolutely shit myself at times when I'm out on the bike and I've not even got close to its potential. Going to think over the winter about whether I'm going to keep it or not

41 minutes ago, philpy said:

And about 10 charity shops. Mind you, I did get two Ralph Lauren polos for 8 quid from one of them..

Imagine the gear you could have got if you'd went round the other 9!    You'd be the top boi of Wallyford.