Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

12 minutes ago, planbiffy said:

if anyone has a spare minute can you fill in my survey about alcohol consumption, it will take around two minutes and will help me to avoid failing my higher modies exam, thank you! :) 

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/ZV8PXZW

Sorry, too busy.

10 minutes ago, planbiffy said:

if anyone has a spare minute can you fill in my survey about alcohol consumption, it will take around two minutes and will help me to avoid failing my higher modies exam, thank you! :) 

Done (hic). You might think about starting a new thread as well to get more responses though.

I was sitting in a pub across the road from Frankfurt central station on Saturday prior to attending the Frankfurt Dortmund game.

A group of “ultras” from either side decided to go for it, right outside the window I was sitting beside. I watched a grown man get beat up against a window, literally on the other side of the pane of glass from where I was enjoying a pint of bitburger. During the beating the man shit himself, which was clearly evident through his jeans during the aftermath.

He stood there for about another 5 minutes, before shamelessly departing the scene.

When you gotta go, you gotta go.

23 minutes ago, planbiffy said:

I have a problem with your survey.

after the question "when did you last drink excessively?", today wasn't an option so I had to pick yesterday.

5 minutes ago, planbiffy said:

That's ok! If you have time tomorrow you can do it then but if not don't worry about it

I like you biffy,  so I've filled it in. But it's only fair to warn you that the demographic you are asking here is likely to lie about their alcohol consumption.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I like you biffy,  so I've filled it in. But it's only fair to warn you that the demographic you are asking here is likely to lie about their alcohol consumption.

Thank you! I'm not really bothered because most of my friends can't legally drink yet so it's useful to have some lawful drinker's responses :)

6 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I have a problem with your survey.

after the question "when did you last drink excessively?", today wasn't an option so I had to pick yesterday.

sorry but if you wait until n=midnight technically it yesterday ;)

13 hours ago, planbiffy said:

Thank you! I'm not really bothered because most of my friends can't legally drink yet so it's useful to have some lawful drinker's responses :)

Don't know what it's like these days but in my underage drinking days in Dunfermline, a particular old shopkeeper would be out on the pavement like some Magaluf promo girl, asking kids if they were looking for booze. Another kind one nearby would let us keep our carry-out cold, in with the ice lollies and let us pop back in as and when required. 

30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Don't know what it's like these days but in my underage drinking days in Dunfermline, a particular old shopkeeper would be out on the pavement like some Magaluf promo girl, asking kids if they were looking for booze. Another kind one nearby would let us keep our carry-out cold, in with the ice lollies and let us pop back in as and when required. 

most are more secretive now but there are known to sell it/ accept fake ID

most are more secretive now but there are known to sell it/ accept fake ID

Sounds similar to what it was like when I was underage. Quite a few of us had older brothers and sisters willing to get it, but we all knew the shops that weren’t worried about serving us. A fake ID helped. Some would believe it, some genuinely couldn’t care just wanted to tick the box. The underage testers aren’t allowed to break the law so just ask how old the kid is and it’s job done.

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Sounds similar to what it was like when I was underage. Quite a few of us had older brothers and sisters willing to get it, but we all knew the shops that weren’t worried about serving us. A fake ID helped. Some would believe it, some genuinely couldn’t care just wanted to tick the box. The underage testers aren’t allowed to break the law so just ask how old the kid is and it’s job done.

yeah the older sibling this is certainly still true but a lot of shops ask and sell it anyway although that is mainly corner shops in poorer areas, also the older looking people in the year will wear lots of makeup and dress older and can lie their way into it

Edited by planbiffy

3 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Our first ever attempt to get a carry out was foiled by a police sting. We got a guy to buy it (the brother of a current SPFL Manager). The police were hiding outside the offy in an unmarked Hillman Imp. When they collared him he shoved the copper and ran away. He was much faster than his brother, we were all frozen to the spot and dutifully gave our details. A visit followed the next day. No formal sanction was administered and I was left without a stain on my character.