Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Isle of Arran no ferries yesterday due to the weather and possibly no today either.  Say they do put a boat on today - who gets on?  Those cars that were booked for the first ferry yesterday?  Foot passengers are first come, first served.

Updated: Tarbert ferry to Lochranza on Arran looks like it is on - just a 115 mile detour and just one sailing (12:15)

Edited by FlyerTon

11 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Flyerton deleting posts again. Absolute OFTW. 

6 minutes ago, throbber said:

What was he saying?

Just now, FlyerTon said:

Isle of Arran no ferries yesterday due to the weather and possibly no today either.  Say they do put a boat on today - who gets on?  Those cars that were booked for the first ferry yesterday?  Foot passengers are first come, first served.

Updated: Claonaig ferry to Lochranza on Arran looks like it is on - just a 125 mile detour.

There's your answer.

I'll have a stab at some people preferring the heat to the cold and rain, the outdoor lifestyle and not being terrified that a shark might walk into your living room and maul you.
And if you don't think there's an undercurrent of racism, bigotry and idiocy in Scotland, you have either had a very sheltered life or you haven't spent much time in the west of Scotland. Although tbf, it's not so much an undercurrent as a tidal wave.

Any country where the mullet is still a common sight isn't worth knowing imo. I found the Australians to be very arrogant, loud and cocky. Australians just seem to have taken the worst parts of British culture and left the few half-decent bits to New Zealand. That's before even mentioning their cricket fans...

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

Any country where the mullet is still a common sight isn't worth knowing imo. I found the Australians to be very arrogant, loud and cocky. Australians just seem to have taken the worst parts of British culture and left the few half-decent bits to New Zealand. That's before even mentioning their cricket fans...

Looks like that undercurrent of racism rubbed off on you.

Had been in gym this morning. Was getting changed into swimming trunks and noticed an open locker with a jacket, a stripy Paul Smith scarf just like my own and what looked like a pile of keys/phone/wallet etc. "What sort of careless fanny would leave their locker open like that?" I thought to myself. When I came back in from my swim/sauna the locker was still open with all the stuff on display. Had a shave, got dressed and then realised my jacket wasn't in my locker. I must've put my outer layer of stuff into one locker, lost my train of thought and then put my bag, clothes etc into another. Good thing Edinburgh is full of fine, honest people.