Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

12 days and no booze. Doing fine except my shampoo smells exactly like Whyte & Mackay so shower time brings some cravings. Saying that, I'd better check it is actually shampoo and I've not been using a half bottle I'd stashed in the bathroom. 

Edited by Shandon Par

12 days and no booze. Doing fine except my shampoo smells exactly like Whyte & Mackay so shower time brings some cravings. Saying that, I'd better check it is actually shampoo and I've not been using a half bottle I'd stashed in the bathroom. 

I can just picture that bottle of 'White & McKay (with liquour)' with exactly the same design as Head & Shoulders (with eucalyptus), most likely bought from Aldi / Lidl.

50 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I can just picture that bottle of 'White & McKay (with liquour)' with exactly the same design as Head & Shoulders (with eucalyptus), most likely bought from Aldi / Lidl.

The boozepoo must be in my gym bag. Just used normal shampoo today. You're probably right and I've been using some Lidl version of Baileys. 

The quadruple Scottish Leaders going down well? 

10 days off the sauce and I'm a holier than thou p***k!

Think I broke my liver last night, might have to follow your example. Normal not too bad hangover but serious pain on left side of lower back, can hardly walk. Any doctors on here? A and E or lager cure?

Got the keys to the new flat today and absolutely thrilled. It's the first 'family' home we've had and it was great walking into the room that will be the babies (in around a month we think) and planning out her first bedroom. Can't wait to get the furniture in and start living there properly. Probably the first 'nice' flat we've lived in (we've generally sacrificed quality for location).

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Think I broke my liver last night, might have to follow your example. Normal not too bad hangover but serious pain on left side of lower back, can hardly walk. Any doctors on here? A and E or lager cure?

Ibuprofen should do the trick. I'd often feel like a limb was going to fall off the day after a heavy booze sesh and Ibuprofen seemed to sort it out. Washed down with lager to make sure. 

I was teetotal for a couple of years and it certainly gives you more hours in the week. As my kid has grown, I've seen less need to be a responsible adult so slipped back into drinking and going out too much. 

I don't miss boozy, eye burning sweat when exercising. 

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

Got the keys to the new flat today and absolutely thrilled. It's the first 'family' home we've had and it was great walking into the room that will be the babies (in around a month we think) and planning out her first bedroom. Can't wait to get the furniture in and start living there properly. Probably the first 'nice' flat we've lived in (we've generally sacrificed quality for location).

Where'd you move to jmo?

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Ibuprofen should do the trick. I'd often feel like a limb was going to fall off the day after a heavy booze sesh and Ibuprofen seemed to sort it out. Washed down with lager to make sure. 

I was teetotal for a couple of years and it certainly gives you more hours in the week. As my kid has grown, I've seen less need to be a responsible adult so slipped back into drinking and going out too much. 

I don't miss boozy, eye burning sweat when exercising. 

My booze:exercise ratio has been poor over the festival period, looking forward to getting back to normal next week.

Just now, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

My booze:exercise ratio has been poor over the festival period, looking forward to getting back to normal next week.

The gym at Spittal St shut down so it's a trek to go to Duddingston. They're trying to find another place for a pop-up gym (find a big unused space like an office block or underground car park and take it on for a year or two) like Spittal St and Gorgie. Started playing squash again recently (I am garbage) and a bit of running. Killer for the knees. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

The gym at Spittal St shut down so it's a trek to go to Duddingston. They're trying to find another place for a pop-up gym (find a big unused space like an office block or underground car park and take it on for a year or two) like Spittal St and Gorgie. Started playing squash again recently (I am garbage) and a bit of running. Killer for the knees. 

Didn't realise that'd shut down as well doesn't look like that expansion west worked very well.  Sure you've been to the original gym but despite the address it's definitely not in Duddingston.:lol:

3 days gym/3 days cardio  a week for me usually, packed in the running (HIIT) for swimming last year, was absolutely brutal at it to begin with but loving it now.

When every World Cup or Euros is on, I get some of those MyPanini custom stickers and cards of the wean to send to his family. Bit late this year, but look what I discovered when I was flicking through the team templates...no way they haven't had complaints about this  :lol:

Oops.png

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I think if my dad told me he loved me I would be terrified and not want to see him ever again.

Stop assuming your dad wants to pump you, Throbs. He almost certainly doesn't.

16 minutes ago, Fat Joe da Gangsta said:

Didn't realise that'd shut down as well doesn't look like that expansion west worked very well.  Sure you've been to the original gym but despite the address it's definitely not in Duddingston.:lol:

3 days gym/3 days cardio  a week for me usually, packed in the running (HIIT) for swimming last year, was absolutely brutal at it to begin with but loving it now.

I love the original one - we call it Duddingston (it's on Duddingston Rd West) but I suppose it borders Niddrie and Craigmillar. I used to go there before the two newer ones so it's a return to the old school. I like running but I get so many calf injuries from it I should follow your lead and go swimming.