Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Cheers, Throbs! I'd set that to record the other day when I saw the advert but completely forgot. Gripping stuff so far. 

Yeah I liked it despite a bit of poor acting from the police officer who broke the news to the parents of the bride!

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

Yeah I liked it despite a bit of poor acting from the police officer who broke the news to the parents of the bride!

It should liven up a bit next week with Adrian Edmondson doing his banging his head on the door japes!

I killed a mouse this morning. We had set some traps last night as my wife had spotted a mouse running around. Came into the kitchen this morning and spotted a mouse lying beside the trap. Excellent, I think, the trap has clearly done its job. I then go to bag it and bin it when it starts moving and I am a bit taken aback. Then starts a bit of thinking about how to humanely put it out of its misery. Do I just put it in the wheelie bin and let it die, clearly in pain and unable to move? Do I take it outside and let the local cats finish it off? Do I end its suffering by smothering it with a pillow? In the end I smashed it with a brick and now I feel terrible.

9 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

I killed a mouse this morning. We had set some traps last night as my wife had spotted a mouse running around. Came into the kitchen this morning and spotted a mouse lying beside the trap. Excellent, I think, the trap has clearly done its job. I then go to bag it and bin it when it starts moving and I am a bit taken aback. Then starts a bit of thinking about how to humanely put it out of its misery. Do I just put it in the wheelie bin and let it die, clearly in pain and unable to move? Do I take it outside and let the local cats finish it off? Do I end its suffering by smothering it with a pillow? In the end I smashed it with a brick and now I feel terrible.

Don't feel terrible, smashing it with a brick was the right course of action.

Of course you will now have nightmares about a giant mouse breaking into your house and killing you with a brick in your bed, but that's a small price to pay.

You did the decent thing, endieinreekie.

Just don't go telling everyone about it. I had a great aunt who lived in rural #Perthshire, and loved to regale me with her tales of putting run-over cats out of their misery by stabbing them through the heid with sharp sticks. Seemed to happen so often that I think she was just grabbing perfectly healthy strays  :wacko:

1 minute ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

You did the decent thing, endieinreekie.

Just don't go telling everyone about it. I had a great aunt who lived in rural #Perthshire, and loved to regale me with her tales of putting run-over cats out of their misery by stabbing them through the heid with sharp sticks. Seemed to happen so often that I think she was just grabbing perfectly healthy strays  :wacko:

Or running them over.

11 minutes ago, throbber said:

Was there nothing closer to hand that would make the entire thing less barbaric than a brick?

Like what? A rolling pin? I took it outside and smashed it with the brick to avoid having to clean the kitchen floor of the inevitable consequences of smashing a small rodent with a brick.

Like what? A rolling pin? I took it outside and smashed it with the brick to avoid having to clean the kitchen floor of the inevitable consequences of smashing a small rodent with a brick.

What about a shoe, a stick or a small piece of metal pipe?

1 hour ago, throbber said:

What about a shoe, a stick or a small piece of metal pipe?

The brick was fairly comprehensive in its despatching of the poor mouse. A shoe might not have had the same effect and might have increased its suffering while I tried to bludgeon it to death. I don't normally keep sticks or pieces of metal pipes around the house, funnily enough. I'm glad I did it outside given the way its head exploded.

The brick was fairly comprehensive in its despatching of the poor mouse. A shoe might not have had the same effect and might have increased its suffering while I tried to bludgeon it to death. I don't normally keep sticks or pieces of metal pipes around the house, funnily enough. I'm glad I did it outside given the way its head exploded.

There's a special place in hell reserved for you you sick b*****d.

2 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

He's in hevun now.

Onli God can judje u x

1 hour ago, endieinreekie said:

All you need to worry about now is listening to the dying squeaks of it's starving mouse babies. A bit like the pigeon inadvertently nailed in to the eaves of our house. Fortunately I'm on holiday, so it'll be well dead by the time I get back.

I killed a mouse, with a claw hammer, once. It was the correct course of action to take, as it would have suffered a long lingering death, due to being stuck in a glue trap.

Eta furthermore, there's absolutely nothing in life that cannot be sorted in life with a tin of Stella and a claw hammer. Nothing.