Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Just speaking to an acquaintance who lives in the leafy west Edinburgh suburb of Wester Hailes.

On a recent warm night he couldn't sleep so got up and opened the window. He could hear movement in the darkness below and heard the word "fire" being uttered. A wee while later he could smell smoke and in the gardens below, could see a figure standing over a fire. He asked the fire-raiser what he was up to. Fire raiser apologised and asked if the fire was bothering him. He replied that he was curious and a little concerned about the risk of the fire spreading but was not unduly perturbed. Fireraiser explained he'd just found out his girlfriend was pregnant by another man so was burning her stuff.

Just speaking to an acquaintance who lives in the leafy west Edinburgh suburb of Wester Hailes.

On a recent warm night he couldn't sleep so got up and opened the window. He could hear movement in the darkness below and heard the word "fire" being uttered. A wee while later he could smell smoke and in the gardens below, could see a figure standing over a fire. He asked the fire-raiser what he was up to. Fire raiser apologised and asked if the fire was bothering him. He replied that he was curious and a little concerned about the risk of the fire spreading but was not unduly perturbed. Fireraiser explained he'd just found out his girlfriend was pregnant by another man so was burning her stuff.

Did her stuff appear to be wrapped up in a bit of old carpet?

Job interview next Thursday.

Safe to say, I'm shitting it already.

What's it for? I had one on Thursday just there, still waiting to hear back. I approached it with the attitude that I have a job anyway so I've nothing to lose.

What's it for? I had one on Thursday just there, still waiting to hear back. I approached it with the attitude that I have a job anyway so I've nothing to lose.

Commissioning spark/ tech. It's not the great unknown I'm going into. Im more than confident in my abilities and I'd be comfortable in the position, if successful.

It's the fact my arse collapses, comically at times, in an interview situation.

It's sad really. My Xbox 360 was easily the greatest console I ever owned and gave me so many years of joy. The Xbox One isn't great to use, PS4 is getting the exclusives I want to play and literally none of my pals bought an Xbox One. It could've been another beautiful eight years with Microsoft but it wasn't to be.

Pass a field of free range turkeys on the way home every night, they've got a great life, living in the poly tunnel and roaming around outside, protected by an electric fence. I feel a bit sad when I think of the fate that awaits them, in a few short weeks.

It's sad really. My Xbox 360 was easily the greatest console I ever owned and gave me so many years of joy. The Xbox One isn't great to use, PS4 is getting the exclusives I want to play and literally none of my pals bought an Xbox One. It could've been another beautiful eight years with Microsoft but it wasn't to be.

It may well be cheesy, but the PS4 slogan is absolutely spot on. They did listen to the players after getting it wrong with the PS3 and as a result even diehard Xbox fans made the change this time. From day one Microsoft were all about squeezing every last penny out of the consumer, it was only after they realised they were miles behind in pre-sales that they made some massive changes. Fair play to them for doing so, but at the same time had they not been greedy c*nts to start with I'm confident they'd have kept the majority of their fans.

I doubt Microsoft will ever f*ck it up so badly in the future and they may well take a leaf out of Sony's book. Sony got it wrong after the PS2 (the greatest console of all time IMHO) and gave us the PS3. Learned from their mistakes and gave us the PS4. Microsoft got it wrong after the 360 (certainly another of the greatest consoles of all time) and gave us the Xboxone, so if they follow Sony's path they should be producing a very impressive machine a few years down the line :) (Not that I'll be buying it :P:lol: )

Is the PS4 really worth upgrading to from the PS3? I don't play much anymore other than FIFA so probably not but the idea of buying FIFA 16 and others games for the PS3 made me consider getting a PS4.

I couldn't justify getting a console unless I played it regularly. If you only use your console for FIFA then IMO I wouldn't recommend a PS4 until they come down in price some more.

There are a pair of wood pigeons that live beside my house. I often see them sitting on roofs or lampposts and I sometimes throw the odd piece of bread to them. As pigeons usually mate for life they really are like an old married couple.

Looks like a hawk has just gave them a major change in relationship. Feathers everywhere. :(

No sign of the muther though ?

I couldn't justify getting a console unless I played it regularly. If you only use your console for FIFA then IMO I wouldn't recommend a PS4 until they come down in price some more.

I'm amazed at how little I am interested in playing computer games. Sometimes it crosses my mind to stick the PS3 on because I haven't been on it in a while, but I never bother. I would never buy a new console now. I'd rather spend my money on new walking boots, jackets, fishing gear and stuff like that. I get absolutely no fulfillment from sitting inside all day playing a game, more often than not feels like a complete waste of time - even if I have been mildly enjoying myself.