Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'm wanting to buy a new TV as well Throbs. Want a 32" for the kitchen, can't be any bigger as it's going up on a plasterboard wall, so can't be too heavy.

Does anyone have any experience of hanging a telly on a plasterboard wall? Will it hold a decent weight? I had a dartboard plus a fairly heavy cover/cupboard for it hanging up and it was totally fine. Can't imagine a plasma will weigh that much more (this cupboard thing was fairly heavy).

You just need good plasterboard fixings into the brackets and you're fine, they support weights of 25 kg apparently which is the same weight as a bag of cement.

Amazon has good deals you should get a 32 incher for under 200

You've literally made my day, Throbber. I'm going to buy a new telly to celebrate.

You know the fixings i mean?

Yeah, sort of like metal rawlplugs?

Saw a telly on Tesco Direct for £139. It's more than likely a crap quality, but given I'll be using it for watching the news whilst doing the dishes, the occasional CL game at night when Mrs Adam is watching the telly or the Xbox, I'm not too bothered about great quality.

Mate, my Mum and Dad got a telly for their kitchen from Tesco for not much more or less than the price you mentioned. It's about 6 years old now and still in good working order.

Cheers buddy! Consulted Mrs Adam, you know, to be nice, and was told to do what I like.

Result!

I don't mean to get all 'Sheldon from Big Bang' but does anyone else have their own chair or own spot on the sofa that they always use?

We had people round last night and they thought it was odd. I've never really asked anyone as I thought it was the norm.

50" curved from John Lewis for £1500 then? :D

Speaking of TV - Wee Ann presenting the weather on Reporting Scotland is an absolute piece!!

Don't think I can stretch to that sadly...

If it's not Judith Ralston, I'm not interested. Sorry!

I don't mean to get all 'Sheldon from Big Bang' but does anyone else have their own chair or own spot on the sofa that they always use?

We had people round last night and they thought it was odd. I've never really asked anyone as I thought it was the norm.

People that don't have their own seat are fucking odd.

The answer is a projector... Then pic the size

I was tempted by this when we needed a new TV about six years ago, but I used to run maintenance for the damned things, and you can't use them as replacements for a television - the bulbs wear out too quickly and they aren't cheap to replace, especially if you want one that will provide a similar quality of picture to a TV. Fine if you just want to use if for watching movies, but you'll need a decent wedge for more than that. Plus, in my experience, the units themselves don't last as long as televisions, on average.

Sorry to hear that.

^^^ wife has a bucket fanny.

Or you're terribly jealous about all of this "new TV" talk :P

Throbs is having a ball with the innuendoes tonight.

It's like Carry On Dixons in here today. Hopefully Throbs spunks his massive wad on an attractive model soon and gives our sensitive areas a break from this relentless pounding.

Be nice if he picked out a TV too.