Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Journalist/politician Louise Mensch thought Charlie Hebdo was a person.

attachicon.gifLMensch.png

She was an elected MP.

Like most of them, flicking through her Twitter feed made me look forward to the nuclear holocaust.

Is that the incredibly smug lassie who was on Ian's team on Have I Got News For You?

I'm friends with a girl on Facebook who has just posted a picture of her baby with jobby all over its clothes. Even more bizarrely, this photo has elicited quite a positive response from some people. ''Aww, cute''.. ''Adorable''.. ''Oopsies''.. etc.

My parents are getting on a bit. In a few years' time, will it be acceptable for me to post pictures of their shit-stained undies? If so, will people respond in a positive manner? ''Aww, incontinence is soooo cuuuuute.''

Wow. I missed a trick there. Ours got up early once and locked himself in his bedroom, before decorating himself and his room with the contents of his very full nappy.

Just imagine the greenies if I'd posted a picture on this thread :P

PS Not interested in your parents, but looking even further ahead, ask your kids to post pictures of yourself at that stage :thumsup2

I did mate.....chuffed about that :)

Another victory for the power of the Catholic Church.

Get them scanned, pronto 8)

Edit for CATHOLICISM!

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

My wallet just turned up under the scaffold on site!

I wonder how it got from my locked drawer in the site office 100yards away to there AND managed relieve itself of the cash it was containing????

Hmmm

Did they keep the season ticket?

Saw a girl today walking along the street. She was wearing a cardigan type hooded jacket. It was inside out with all the labels on show. I thought about telling her but then as I was unsure about how to say anything without causing her embarrassment, I just left her to it. Would you have said anything?

Saw a girl today walking along the street. She was wearing a cardigan type hooded jacket. It was inside out with all the labels on show. I thought about telling her but then as I was unsure about how to say anything without causing her embarrassment, I just left her to it. Would you have said anything?

A language teacher at my school turned up with her skirt inside-out, and you bet your sweet ass that we told her about it :lol:

She was a horrid old boot, and her response was to scream, "I'M WELL AWARE OF HOW I PUT MY CLOTHES ON, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!" So the lesson was, it's better for folk to think that you're a loony than admit you made a mistake :huh:

It never ceases to amaze me how many teachers have let schoolchildren turn them absolutely mental.

I always assumed they were born like that, but you may have a point.

Entrance and exit interview videos required for all new recruits, I think. That would be a classic comedy film waiting to be edited together :P

Entrance- "I've always wanted to work with children; to culture and nourish their minds, to inspire them to great things."

Exit- "I've gone through at least one bottle of whisky every night for the last 34 years. Those b*****ds are the reason I hate my own son and daughter. When my wife left me I didn't even fight for custody."

Nice of Lidl to remind me of my nickname in college school nursery <_<

2gumfcy.png

Edit: blimey, who'd have thought that something called Karamell Keks would be so tasty? :o

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

One of the many jobs I would never, ever consider.

Thank f**k I hear the P&B masses say.

There are no doubt some schools in Scotland where a fair percent of the pupils are nutcases and would be a right hard shift but they're in the minority.

Contrary to what you oldies seem to think, I find the vast, vast majority of pupils to be pleasant and compliant, if not always willing to work quite as hard as I'd like.

At a run of the mill school, the good teachers will have it reasonably easy in the classroom where as the poorer teachers create the problems for themselves. I can honestly say I enjoy my job although I probably have the right personality and charctistics for it.

There are no doubt some schools in Scotland where a fair percent of the pupils are nutcases and would be a right hard shift but they're in the minority.

Contrary to what you oldies seem to think, I find the vast, vast majority of pupils to be pleasant and compliant, if not always willing to work quite as hard as I'd like.

At a run of the mill school, the good teachers will have it reasonably easy in the classroom where as the poorer teachers create the problems for themselves. I can honestly say I enjoy my job although I probably have the right personality and charctistics for it.

I know only one teacher, he also posts one here, and he's said the same thing.

It's nothing to do with being an 'oldie' I would have expressed the same view when I was in my 20's. I'm just not temperamentally cut out to be a teacher. I'm sure it could be greatly rewarding profession, but like all jobs not attractive to/suitable for everyone.

I'm absolutely stunned by how pleasant and well-behaved the weans are in Alloa. I see them in the town centre every day, and their behaviour is mind-boggling to me. In a good way.

Makes me think that I wasn't imagining it; I did go to school with a bunch of disgusting cuntrags.