Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Was made redundant in June and finally got told I had a job in October, signing up and starting in November. Then it was delayed until December... and then January for a variety of reasons. Now they've finally just told me that because of the current state of the market the'll no longer be taking me on. Gutted and just feel like I've been made redundant for the second time in 6 months. :(

Was made redundant in June and finally got told I had a job in October, signing up and starting in November. Then it was delayed until December... and then January for a variety of reasons. Now they've finally just told me that because of the current state of the market the'll no longer be taking me on. Gutted and just feel like I've been made redundant for the second time in 6 months. :(

Keep your chin up mate. Get yourself back out there......there's a job out there with your name on it :)

You're not a rapist are you?

That's shit. Hopefully something will come along soon.

Keep your chin up mate. Get yourself back out there......there's a job out there with your name on it :)

Cheers.

On top of all this, I had a 'super' dream just a couple of nights ago where I was officially given the job at a table with the board of directors and was absolutely delighted about it. Woke up and never got back to sleep again due to being gutted. This is a level up from that.

For more fun and games, I was just given super strong tablets and cream to get rid of severe ringworm / athlete's foot which hasn't budged for over a month now and spread to cover both feet. Suddenly today I also have it all over my hands too FFS, that's if it's not a nasty reaction to the meds. Another trip to the doctor beckons but at least I don't have to make excuses to get time off work I suppose.

So far my start to the new year has been nothing but this and trying to get off an island due to a combination of ferries off for the holidays and because of shite weather*. There was me delighted to see the back of 2014 too. <_<

*well clued up on my Connery Bond films though after being stuck on a cottage with nothing to do but watch highly limited freeview TV. Something from them just has to win me big bucks in a quiz one day.

Edited by Hedgecutter

What was the job you got made redundant from and the job you were meant to get Hedgecutter?

Geologist followed by 'head of training' for a geo-software company.

Eta: Oh, and how could I forget* my first epileptic seizure in 6 months just yesterday. At least 12 months until I can consider getting a drivers licence now, typically followed by a couple of decent job advertisements appearing both with 'full drivers licence' being the last point in the requirements list. A continuation of this along the lines of "2015 can GTF already" in the depression thread near inevitable I think.

*Quite easily actually, it screws with my memory somewhat.

Edited by Hedgecutter