Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Ach, is a bit pricey for what it is but I can see how some people may not be amazed by it. Makes a change from the usual shitey burgers you get in McDonald's, Burger King etc.

That's true enough. I'm tempted to give Five Guys a go, mind*.

*Smutty innuendo totally intended... :ph34r:

Ms Igarashi, who goes by the name Rokudenashi-ko which means "no-good girl" in Japanese, pleaded not guilty. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30595378

FFS, Japan. All the twisted shit that you've produced and you're criminalising a wee lassie for selling moulds of her bits? :1eye

As I lay out the wean's presents, it's heartwarming to know that, even in the early hours of Christmas morning, the usual pish-stained jakies are willing to entertain the neighbourhood by screaming drunken abuse at each other.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! :thumsup2

Edit: it's turned into a full-scale assault now. If you didn't get your presents, children, it's because Santa took a kicking on the streets of Alloa last night :wacko:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave

As I lay out the wean's presents, it's heartwarming to know that, even in the early hours of Christmas morning, the usual pish-stained jakies are willing to entertain the neighbourhood by screaming drunken abuse at each other.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night! :thumsup2

Edit: it's turned into a full-scale assault now. If you didn't get your presents, children, it's because Santa took a kicking on the streets of Alloa last night :wacko:

I'll kick yer heed in mate

Just joking. Seriously though, nothing like a good punch up on xmas eve eh?

Nah just joking again. I once got speared by a mental bird on xmas eve after I stood on top of her dads Jaguar chanting "Jaguar, jaguar, jaguarrr." Put a dampner on my xmas day tbh.

This year has been much better. Getting a little drunk with the boys without being attacked. So excited for food tomorrow.

Merry Christmas

I got a letter yesterday from a bank that I have no dealings with whatsoever. In it they apologised profusely for giving out a report on my credit rating to a third party. They would not tell me what they had said about me but just gave me a list of possible outcomes as a result of their actions. By way of an apology to me they have given me 2 years free membership of credit checking agency Experian.

And a cheque for £300.

:blink:

I got a letter yesterday from a bank that I have no dealings with whatsoever. In it they apologised profusely for giving out a report on my credit rating to a third party. They would not tell me what they had said about me but just gave me a list of possible outcomes as a result of their actions. By way of an apology to me they have given me 2 years free membership of credit checking agency Experian.

And a cheque for £300.

It's a bank, tell them you're wanting at least £800

And a cheque for £300.

Where do I sign up?

I really have absolutely no idea what the letter was about. I had not made any type of purchase that would require a credit check as I know that due to previous debt problems, I would not even qualify for a loan to buy a newspaper. The cheque is in the bank but due to the holidays it will not clear until the 5th January. Just hope they don't realise that they might have made a mistake and cancel it before it clears.

Guest The Phoenix

My youngest grandson (age 2) got a toy bin lorry for Christmas.

It's eerily like the ill-fated one in Glasgow.

My daughter bought it months ago and hadn't thought about its poignance.

He's played with it all day and aside from the link to tragedy it's pretty darn cool, with a bin that goes up the side and dumps its contents in the top and a rear end that lifts up, both on the press of a button.

The sheer innocence of children is wonderful.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

Edited by The Phoenix

I really have absolutely no idea what the letter was about. I had not made any type of purchase that would require a credit check as I know that due to previous debt problems, I would not even qualify for a loan to buy a newspaper. The cheque is in the bank but due to the holidays it will not clear until the 5th January. Just hope they don't realise that they might have made a mistake and cancel it before it clears.

Is it possible that this bank took over a company that you did have some sort of credit or loan with?

Is it possible that this bank took over a company that you did have some sort of credit or loan with?

It could be possible but all my debts were written off 4 years ago and I have never tried to get any form of credit since. The only thing I've done in that timescale was stupidly making a ppi claim which the government gleefully took off me.

Wee bit annoyed at my sister and parents, last Christmases when I have had a burd my sisters always moaned like mad at me to make sure that if I see her and she comes round here on Christmas day that I don't take her through and sit with them in the livingroom all night as there's only the 4 of us, her and my parents, she said it would make her feel awkward, so I've not. If my girlfriend came round we'd go through for maybe 10/15 minutes for a chat then go off to my room. I am burdless this year but my sister has a boyfriend, who is aryt, we ain't mates or whatever but he's ok.

They 2 are moving in with each other in January, so he comes round last night really early just as we had finished tea and were all away to sit down as a family (which we never ever do) and watch a film and the 2 of them come firing in just as the film starts, next thing you know they start talking (shouting) about cutlery and furniture and toasters and pish like that, I thought no bother it'll be over in 10 minutes but it lasted the whole night. Sat there like a spare p***k for ages and thought it's pointless me even being here so I left and went to bed.

Am I just being an absolute greeting faced Bairn here or do I have a point? :lol: Sister has got on to me so much before in previous years about not doing it yet she goes and does it to me! Plus it's our last Christmas as a 4 in the house and it just seemed like a shit way to end the day.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

Just scrolling through Facebook and alarmed to see that three acquaintances have got engaged on Christmas day (to different partners obviously). Anyone else agree that popping the question on Christmas day is an unbelievably shite idea.