Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Was my girlfriend's birthday yesterday, made her breakfast in bed, gave her all her presents in the morning before we went to work, took her out for a nice meal, got home, told her she wasn't allowed in the living room (with the implication that I'd bought us a new TV that we've been looking at), lit a bunch of candles, told her to come through and proposed, to which she said yes. Yesterday was a good day. I am a very happy young man.

Was my girlfriend's birthday yesterday, made her breakfast in bed, gave her all her presents in the morning before we went to work, took her out for a nice meal, got home, told her she wasn't allowed in the living room (with the implication that I'd bought us a new TV that we've been looking at), lit a bunch of candles, told her to come through and proposed, to which she said yes. So then we invited the neighbours through to watch us making mad, passionate love on the new rug which I bought from John Lewis. Oh, and the neighbours took photos as well which I'm going to put on Facebook. Which was nice. I'm thinking of inviting the guys from Pie and Bovril to our wedding, although I haven't cleared that with her yet. Yesterday was a good day. I am a very happy young man.

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Was my girlfriend's birthday yesterday, made her breakfast in bed, gave her all her presents in the morning before we went to work, took her out for a nice meal, got home, told her she wasn't allowed in the living room (with the implication that I'd bought us a new TV that we've been looking at), lit a bunch of candles, told her to come through and proposed, to which she said yes. So then we invited the neighbours through to watch us making mad, passionate love on the new rug which I bought from John Lewis. Oh, and the neighbours took photos as well which I'm going to put on Facebook. Which was nice. I'm thinking of inviting the guys from Pie and Bovril to our wedding, although I haven't cleared that with her yet. Yesterday was a good day. I am a very happy young man.

:blink:

Not sure what's just happened here, but that was...odd.

Was my girlfriend's birthday yesterday, made her breakfast in bed, gave her all her presents in the morning before we went to work, took her out for a nice meal, got home, told her she wasn't allowed in the living room (with the implication that I'd bought us a new TV that we've been looking at), lit a bunch of candles, told her to come through and proposed, to which she said yes. Yesterday was a good day. I am a very happy young man.

Congrats, mate! I'd suggest bringing her along on the next P&B Dundee Bus Crawl, but I expect she'd probably break off the engagement if you did.

Congrats, mate! I'd suggest bringing her along on the next P&B Dundee Bus Crawl, but I expect she'd probably break off the engagement if you did.

Cheers buddy. I probably wouldn't take her along to be honest, not sure she'd be that keen for Benzo Fury filled, donkey riding escapades. We're actually heading down to Dundee tomorrow though to see Kasabian in the Caird. Not sure any buses will be involved mind.

Whilst Googling for some World Cup Maths activities for my pupils, I came across this site:

http://mrnussbaum.com/soccer/

Seems innocent enough. But wait! Who's that chap in the top left-hand corner? Why it looks very much like Orange Order mascot, Diamond Dan!

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/orange-orders-mascot-dan-is-a-real-diamond-28386163.html

Absolutely bizarre. No idea why the same character would appear on both of these websites :huh:

Loving the folksy, cuddly reporting of the article by the surely-impartial Belfast Telegraph