Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The last couple of weeks have been a bit crazy for me. My little band (acoustic duo) have recorded St Johnstone's Scottish Cup Final song and we've been receiving a fair amount of media attention - interviews with STV, Radio Tay, The Courier and Perthshire Advertiser, as well as articles in the Scotsman and the Daily Record. Definitely not used to this kind of exposure, but it's been brilliant.

This is spam, but you can listen to the track here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSAiEALN4eY

I definitely took a gamble when I wrote it, as it's nothing like your usual cup final songs. However, I've been relieved to see that the general reception has been really good. Anyway, apologies if you hate it. If you do like it, please feel free to download/share the song (even if you're not a Saints fan.) After the first day of sales, we were at #3 in the Amazon Folk Charts and just outside the top 100 in the iTunes Pop Charts (ahead of recent hits by Miley Cyrus and Pharrell). Not so 'Happy' now, are you Pharrell?! Classic banter.. Anyway, hope you like it.

Shared it with another Deen Saintee tonight TRS.

He loved it and had downloaded before we'd left the pub. :)

Hope I was right in telling him a percentage of every download is going to your youth development fund?

Thanks CGR!

Shared it with another Deen Saintee tonight TRS.

He loved it and had downloaded before we'd left the pub. :)

Hope I was right in telling him a percentage of every download is going to your youth development fund?

That's correct. 50% of every download will go to our youth development fund. :) Cheers mate! Much appreciated.

Ive got to go pick up outstanding money owed to me for a job i done nearly 6 weeks ago now. The guy died just as i had finished it so i left it at the time and told the client i would wait and if she could just phone me once the funeral etc was out the way. I am now needing it to start another job, its quite a large sum of money and i need to pay my account so I can get more materials.

I'm not looking forward to it as she's avoided my calls last week and ive got a feeling she is going to try avoid paying.

I would consider taking a hit and hiring a solicitor to sort it out with the executor of the will. Maybe wait a week for the woman (widow?) to respond? Do you have the dead guy's signature on paper work to back you up?

P.S. I have no experience of this stuff, so you're probably better advised going round with a pickaxe handle.

Edited by welshbairn

I would consider taking a hit and hiring a solicitor to sort it out with the executor of the will. Maybe wait a week for the woman (widow?) to respond? Do you have the dead guy's signature on paper work to back you up?

P.S. I have no experience of this stuff, so you're probably better advised going round with a pickaxe handle.

I really cant afford to take the hit. In all honesty it would leave me in a big hole. They paid the first £6k up front but that was only half. It was a massive job and i knew the guy was in decline. It was why he wanted the extension done so he could have a downstairs bathroom and a conservatory.

I don't think money is even an issue, they are well off. The guy retired when he was 50 after selling his logistics company and the house must be worth best part of half a million. Its more a moral issue and i only ever dealt with him. Ive got paperwork and im sure she knows how much is still owed.

Ive left it long enough i think and im needing the money this week. I'm not going to go in all guns blazing and i hope i don't have to go down the solicitors route but ive just got a sneaky suspicion its not going to end well

If all else fails P&B's tried and tested method of a swift boot in the pie should suffice

Edited by YHallSaint

Guest The Phoenix

Fair Maid (St Johnstone FC Cup Final Song)

Top stuff TRS.

Saint Sam's somewhat overdone the fake tan though.

The last couple of weeks have been a bit crazy for me. My little band (acoustic duo) have recorded St Johnstone's Scottish Cup Final song and we've been receiving a fair amount of media attention - interviews with STV, Radio Tay, The Courier and Perthshire Advertiser, as well as articles in the Scotsman and the Daily Record. Definitely not used to this kind of exposure, but it's been brilliant.

This is spam, but you can listen to the track here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSAiEALN4eY

I definitely took a gamble when I wrote it, as it's nothing like your usual cup final songs. However, I've been relieved to see that the general reception has been really good. Anyway, apologies if you hate it. If you do like it, please feel free to download/share the song (even if you're not a Saints fan.) After the first day of sales, we were at #3 in the Amazon Folk Charts and just outside the top 100 in the iTunes Pop Charts (ahead of recent hits by Miley Cyrus and Pharrell). Not so 'Happy' now, are you Pharrell?! Classic banter.. Anyway, hope you like it.

Definately better than what Somerset Boab would serve up for us if we made it :lol:

I really cant afford to take the hit. In all honesty it would leave me in a big hole. They paid the first £6k up front but that was only half. It was a massive job and i knew the guy was in decline. It was why he wanted the extension done so he could have a downstairs bathroom and a conservatory.

I don't think money is even an issue, they are well off. The guy retired when he was 50 after selling his logistics company and the house must be worth best part of half a million. Its more a moral issue and i only ever dealt with him. Ive got paperwork and im sure she knows how much is still owed.

Ive left it long enough i think and im needing the money this week. I'm not going to go in all guns blazing and i hope i don't have to go down the solicitors route but ive just got a sneaky suspicion its not going to end well

If all else fails P&B's tried and tested method of a swift boot in the pie should suffice

tumblr_locn9aIsRv1qlr140o1_500.gif

Been a long time since I've sat on my arse all day and watched tv/computer live sport streams.

Discovered wiziwig.tv (lets see how long that lasts before either pulled or ruined with popups)

Watched the GP2 race at Barcelona, a documentary about USA v Iran in World Cup '98, followed by Aberdeen v Motherwell, while also having the F1 GP on the telly at the same time, then Liverpool v Newcastle followed by Derby v Brighton and finally Atletico Madrid v Malaga. Tried for Sau Paulo v Corinthians after the Athletico game finished but there was no link and stopped there.

What a great day. :)

Been a long time since I've sat on my arse all day and watched tv/computer live sport streams.

Discovered wiziwig.tv (lets see how long that lasts before either pulled or ruined with popups)

Watched the GP2 race at Barcelona, a documentary about USA v Iran in World Cup '98, followed by Aberdeen v Motherwell, while also having the F1 GP on the telly at the same time, then Liverpool v Newcastle followed by Derby v Brighton and finally Atletico Madrid v Malaga. Tried for Sau Paulo v Corinthians after the Athletico game finished but there was no link and stopped there.

What a great day. :)

Just finished watching that myself. Really enjoyed it.

Just finished watching that myself. Really enjoyed it.

Quite incredible considering the history between the two countries and how it takes the common love of football to show the way. Both teams set an example of goodwill and sportsmanship that put the politicians to shame.

Good game, I remember watching it myself back then.

Quite incredible considering the history between the two countries and how it takes the common love of football to show the way. Both teams set an example of goodwill and sportsmanship that put the politicians to shame.

Good game, I remember watching it myself back then.

Same here, that was the first World Cup that I fully appreciated. I was 10 at USA '94 but with the late kick off times etc I didn't see too much of it.