• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Ad Lib

Things you want to share with P&B

“Avogadro’s number, a basic unit of measure in chemistry, which was named for Avogadro long after his death. It is the number of molecules found in 2.016 grams of hydrogen gas (or an equal volume of any other gas). Its value is placed at 6.0221367 x 10^23, which is an enormously large number. Chemistry students have long amused themselves by computing just how large a number it is, so I can report that it is equivalent to the number of popcorn kernels needed to cover the United States to a depth of nine miles, or cupfuls of water in the Pacific Ocean, or soft drink cans that would, evenly stacked, cover the Earth to a depth of 200 miles. An equivalent number of American pennies would be enough to make every person on Earth a dollar trillionaire. It is a big number.”

37 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

“Avogadro’s number, a basic unit of measure in chemistry, which was named for Avogadro long after his death. It is the number of molecules found in 2.016 grams of hydrogen gas (or an equal volume of any other gas). Its value is placed at 6.0221367 x 10^23, which is an enormously large number. Chemistry students have long amused themselves by computing just how large a number it is, so I can report that it is equivalent to the number of popcorn kernels needed to cover the United States to a depth of nine miles, or cupfuls of water in the Pacific Ocean, or soft drink cans that would, evenly stacked, cover the Earth to a depth of 200 miles. An equivalent number of American pennies would be enough to make every person on Earth a dollar trillionaire. It is a big number.”
emoji44.png

Covering the United States nine miles deep in popcorn kernels seems like a good idea to me.

In a Vietnamese place earlier, two notable things.

Without any irony, a guy came in and asked if it was dog friendly. Thankfully they chased him.

I got cutlery, but watched other Asian customers use chopsticks. What a performance, sooking and slabbering, scraping food in to their gubs from the edge of the bowl etc.

Chopsticks don't work.

43 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Chopsticks don't work.

Have you noticed that when people eat Chinese food in American films, everybody uses chopsticks? Is it taught at school or something?

A Jambo charged with the murder of Bradley Welsh: 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-48268748

I don’t know about his footballing preferences but he’s presumably the same Sean Orman that received a five year sentence, five years ago, for armed robbery

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-31661599

Anyone know Richard? Maybe pop round or give him a call, make sure he's OK. 

Screenshot_20190517-080139.png

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Without any irony, a guy came in and asked if it was dog friendly. Thankfully they chased him.

I got cutlery, but watched other Asian customers use chopsticks. What a performance, sooking and slabbering, scraping food in to their gubs from the edge of the bowl etc.

Chopsticks don't work.

"Chopsticks are the reason the Chinese didn't invent custard"- Spike Milligan. 

overheard in a shop:

"Shinty is the most stupid game on earth.."

"Shinty? What is it?"

"Well, it's as if hockey and fighting decided to have a child.." 

Chopsticks don't work.

Someone should tell that to the 2.5 billion people on the planet that use them, maybe they’re unaware of other options.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Chopsticks don't work.

Bit exotic for you? Do the Vietnamese do rolls and sausage?

15 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Bit exotic for you? Do the Vietnamese do rolls and sausage?

No, they do rolls n' Sausage.

41 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Someone should tell that to the 2.5 billion people on the planet that use them, maybe they’re unaware of other options.

Opinion is divided. Theirs and mine.

18 hours ago, GordonD said:

Covering the United States nine miles deep in popcorn kernels seems like a good idea to me.

The fat b*****ds would munch their way through that in a couple of days.

About to buy this for my holiday :

IMG_1172.thumb.jpeg.03c9907c0cf1b4232ef30bc2bd791c14.jpeg

8)

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

About to buy this for my holiday :

IMG_1172.thumb.jpeg.03c9907c0cf1b4232ef30bc2bd791c14.jpeg

8)

Watched that Made of Stone documentary the other night and have been hankering after a Reni hat. Wear it to East End next season and I can mug you for it ask you where I can get one. 

30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Watched that Made of Stone documentary the other night and have been hankering after a Reni hat. Wear it to East End next season and I can mug you for it ask you where I can get one. 

If we've got you at or around Christmas you can have it as a present.