Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

38 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Amongst the “complimentary toiletries” in the hotel I’m staying in, are two plastic combs. Nicely packaged etc, I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw anyone using a comb (barbers excepted). What a waste of money. Although, if they were flick combs I’d be away with the two of them.

^^^Doesn't know how to turn a plastic comb in to a lethal weapon.

After being offshore for a fortnight, I've been sent back home for just a couple of days before heading back out on Friday, only to find out that my other half's folks are staying over both nights.

tumblr_n366z6F0vh1tw1vhco1_250.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

18 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

After being offshore for a fortnight, I've been sent back home for just a couple of days before heading back out on Friday, only to find out that my other half's folks are staying over both nights.

tumblr_n366z6F0vh1tw1vhco1_250.gif

Are you related to throbber and his wife/sister?

tumblr_n366z6F0vh1tw1vhco1_250.gif&key=a2c97d6920ae0c70a769674805158d459b95fe5c42717e0aa2d42af2d88e28d0
How did you not know that before hand? Do you and Mrs Cutter not speak?

Your not one of those fuckers who works away and tells everyone how long its been since you spoke to the wife HAHAHAHHA are you?

Got a wisdom tooth out yesterday. Not particularly painful or uncomfortable, but having to exist on an almost liquid diet while the wound heals. So far today I have eaten 3 yoghurts and 2 cuppa soups. Not eating proper food is definitely, by far, the worst part of this whole experience so far.

3 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Got a wisdom tooth out yesterday. Not particularly painful or uncomfortable, but having to exist on an almost liquid diet while the wound heals. So far today I have eaten 3 yoghurts and 2 cuppa soups. Not eating proper food is definitely, by far, the worst part of this whole experience so far.

Do you look like desperate Dan? My cheeks swelled up (not euph) after the operation and I had bruises all over my face that looked exactly like finger marks

2 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Do you look like desperate Dan? My cheeks swelled up (not euph) after the operation and I had bruises all over my face that looked exactly like finger marks

Left side of my face is about twice the usual size. Right side is normal. I look like I am walking through one of those “Hall of Mirrors” things at a fairground.

Just now, Ross. said:

Left side of my face is about twice the usual size. Right side is normal. I look like I am walking through one of those “Hall of Mirrors” things at a fairground.

Did you get top and bottom teeth out on both side? I only got the bottom ones out on both side but the left was so much worse as the roots had become twisted round the next tooth and that's where the nerve to control the feeling in your lips are, I had numb lips (not euph) for a while but thankfully the feeling came back.

The morphine tablets are the bollocks, I had a diet of them and chicken soup for a week. Dry sockets won't be your friend

39 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

How did you not know that before hand? Do you and Mrs Cutter not speak?

Your not one of those fuckers who works away and tells everyone how long its been since you spoke to the wife HAHAHAHHA are you?

Not hugely when I'm away tbh as night shift is a pain for that. 

When she gets home from work I've already started a 12hr shift and when I'm finished and about to head off to bed shortly afterwards, she's in her bed, soon to be rushing around getting ready for work.  Email's not really the same as talking over the phone, therefore it's pretty much reserved for pressing issues.  If I was still away as planned then it would very much go like this:

Ms Cutter:  My parents are coming through to town for bits and pieces and will just stay over rather than make separate day trips 

giphy.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

Just now, Adam101 said:

Did you get top and bottom teeth out on both side? I only got the bottom ones out on both side but the left was so much worse as the roots had become twisted round the next tooth and that's where the nerve to control the feeling in your lips are, I had numb lips (not euph) for a while but thankfully the feeling came back.

The morphine tablets are the bollocks, I had a diet of them and chicken soup for a week. Dry sockets won't be your friend

Only the bottom left. Was pushing on the tooth in front and eventually broke a hole in it, which got infected. Not had any real pain so far(beyond the jaw aching thanks to spending 4.5 hours in the dentists yesterday while he fixed the one that was staying, then took out the offender). I have 10 tramadol sitting waiting in case it does kick in at some point!

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Only the bottom left. Was pushing on the tooth in front and eventually broke a hole in it, which got infected. Not had any real pain so far(beyond the jaw aching thanks to spending 4.5 hours in the dentists yesterday while he fixed the one that was staying, then took out the offender). I have 10 tramadol sitting waiting in case it does kick in at some point!

I was done in the hospital, under full general. I couldn't have faced it done in the normal chair

16 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Mine healed incredibly quickly. Was a bit worried as was flying to Vancouver the next day but was sorted when I landed.

6 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

I was done in the hospital, under full general. I couldn't have faced it done in the normal chair

Never really been too bothered about the dentists, I can pretty much just switch off when I get there and let them get on with it. Yesterday was definitely a bit less comfortable than your average root canal, but not unbearable.

Had to read up on Dry Socket. Seems using a straw can be a cause. Which is frustrating because I can’t really drink much without a fucking straw right now.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Mine healed incredibly quickly. Was a bit worried as was flying to Vancouver the next day but was sorted when I landed.

Was a lot of blood last night when I got up the road, but that stopped after an hour or so and has been fine today. Only thing is the constant ache and swelling(ooer missus) on the left side of my face. The pain isn’t unbearable, but it is uncomfortable!

9 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Never really been too bothered about the dentists, I can pretty much just switch off when I get there and let them get on with it. Yesterday was definitely a bit less comfortable than your average root canal, but not unbearable.

Had to read up on Dry Socket. Seems using a straw can be a cause. Which is frustrating because I can’t really drink much without a fucking straw right now.

Was a lot of blood last night when I got up the road, but that stopped after an hour or so and has been fine today. Only thing is the constant ache and swelling(ooer missus) on the left side of my face. The pain isn’t unbearable, but it is uncomfortable!

Did you like the sound of your teeth smashing? So weird not feeling a thing but hearing the dentist crunch f**k out of the gnashers. 

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Did you like the sound of your teeth smashing? So weird not feeling a thing but hearing the dentist crunch f**k out of the gnashers. 

It’s definitely an odd one. I sat up when the boy had finished and had to wipe fragments of tooth off my jeans. That was also a strange feeling.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Gargling salty water I remember is the thing to stop it.

I did that, and still got it. Only cleared up when the dentist fitted a clove compress for a couple of days.

One of the sorest pains I've ever endured. From the top of my head, right down to my right shoulder was on fire, or so it felt.