Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Thanks, I'll give them a ring.

Place I had planned on going doesn't allow under fives. Seems like a really odd cut off age but there you go.

Normally places serving food allow children. I've got a 2 year and she's been getting into pubs since she was a week old.

It also depends on where about you are in the city, but you could also try Lewbowski's, Frankensteins and McCowans.

1 minute ago, pittsburgh phil said:

I just heard Billy Ocean's 1988 hit 'Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car' on the radio and realised that the title and chorus sound a bit, well.......'rapey', for want of a better word..

I recommend "Young Girl" by Gary Puckett and the Union Gap instead.

12 hours ago, Christophe said:

So the other day I got home to find a delivery note from some bunch of chancers - ukpost?  can't remember.  anyway it said they'd left a parcel for me, the "with a neighbour" box was ticked, and the detail was "behind the green recycling bin" and sure enough in the back garden there's a cardboard box, almost soaked through. 

It's addressed to my address, Flat 2, 40 S******* R***, correct postcode, but the addressee is some bloke i have literally never heard of, never seen post for him before, and i've lived here for 14 years this month.  There's no phone number or anything but there is a delivery number and a website. 

So i try to register a query about this delivery and it won't let me because it's saying the delivery number isn't valid, presumably because they consider it to be complete.

I've kept it in the hallway for a few days in case he figures it out and finds out where they've sent his package.  but he hasn't been yet.

I don't need to open it to know what it is, it says on the label, it's 12 (glass) bottles of cider.

I'm alright to just have them aren't i?  i'm not missing something obvious i could do to get them to come and take them away?

There was an article on the Beeb's website about this a month or so back. Apparently the law is that it's your responsibility to make sure the parcel gets back to the sender, bizarrely, to the point that they'll be able to sue you if you don't cover your arse. The article recommended sending them a letter to let them know you've got their parcel, and that you're giving them two weeks to make arrangements to pick it up, at which point you're going to assume it's yours to dispose of as you see fit.

Also, sort your formatting out, FFS!  :P