Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The Marines were involved in a fight that shut the West Port last Friday.

Arseholes.

I'm not even sure I could drink 15 pints, whilst not a full blown lightweight, the thought of that many makes me feel ill. Is a wee vodka, lemonade and line an acceptable substitute after about number 8? Cause of that's the case, 29 pubs would be easy enough!!

Pints? Just you settle down. :lol:

It'll be voddies the whole way.

I could do 29 nips, no bother. I'd have to start about now to fit it in, but it's easy enough to done. I drink pints, there's absolutely no danger I could drink 29 of those. I'd possibly get pretty close if I switched between pints of lager and nips/flavoured cider.

Known people that have done it before, will be my first attempt though. I'll manage.

Probably just better off getting the one nip though mind you. ;)

I could do 29 nips, no bother. I'd have to start about now to fit it in, but it's easy enough to done. I drink pints, there's absolutely no danger I could drink 29 of those. I'd possibly get pretty close if I switched between pints of lager and nips/flavoured cider.

I'm a big drinker, can handle plenty bevvy, particularly when home boozing (for some reason pubs always make me more drunk), but I reckon although I would manage to drink 29 drams, I'd be steaming and rough the next day, hence why I reckon there will be casualties.

I'm a big drinker, can handle plenty bevvy, particularly when home boozing (for some reason pubs always make me more drunk), but I reckon although I would manage to drink 29 drams, I'd be steaming and rough the next day, hence why I reckon there will be casualties.

That's less than a bottle of whisky, no problem over a day.

That's less than a bottle of whisky, no problem over a day.

Correct. I had half a bottle of bourbon on Tuesday night and was fine for work the next day. But like I said, pubs seem to make me feel the effects of the bevvy more, so the equivalent of a bottle of whisky would leave me blotto.

Correct. I had half a bottle of bourbon on Tuesday night and was fine for work the next day. But like I said, pubs seem to make me feel the effects of the bevvy more, so the equivalent of a bottle of whisky would leave me blotto.

Definitely happens to me with beer in the pub versus beer in the house. Get more drunk in the pub and a worse hangover. Chemicals in the pipes, I tell thee.

Definitely happens to me with beer in the pub versus beer in the house. Get more drunk in the pub and a worse hangover. Chemicals in the pipes, I tell thee.

I used to attribute it to that most intangible of things "atmosphere", but most pubs have less "atmosphere" than the Milky Way, so f**k knows what causes it.

I've always wondered how a subcrawl works. The nearest pub to Govan is an old man's hovel, the nearest one to Ibrox is uh... Rangers minded (and I seem to recall from the last time I saw it has "MORE THAN A CLUB" written on a sign at the top of it), I can't imagine these places being open to the sort of people who'd do a subcrawl coming in.

I've always wondered how a subcrawl works. The nearest pub to Govan is an old man's hovel, the nearest one to Ibrox is uh... Rangers minded (and I seem to recall from the last time I saw it has "MORE THAN A CLUB" written on a sign at the top of it), I can't imagine these places being open to the sort of people who'd do a subcrawl coming in.

You'd be wrong. The southside pubs are the best pubs on the crawl, and the most open to a big bunch of folk wandering in.