Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Fred Olsen only have 4 ships?

Also what is your job on the ship?

Four cruise ships under Fred Olsen Cruise Lines, two jack up DP ships under the Windcarrier name, 11 energy platforms under the Energy banner and five fast ferries in the Canaries under the Express brand.

I am a deck cadet working for Fred. Hopefully not for much longer, my exam is next Friday, and yet I'm still spending a worrying proportion of my time on P&B.

I found someone unconscious and not breathing in Alexandra park. I was having to perform CPR on him until a ambulance arrived.

The longest 20 minutes of my life.

The length some folk will go to in order to break their VL...

People out walking dogs are casually strolling past watching me on the ground performing CPR and not even stopping to help me.

Probably just thought it was a couple of blokes having a snog. It was in a park.

You had time to go on the net and type a message explaining folk are walking past you performing CPR?

Erm, it seemed pretty obvious this was after the event.

Did you sing Staying Alive, Rico?

Oh and well done, presume you've had some basic first aid training? Very different when you have to put it into practice.

I don't have any first aid training, the emergency operator on the phone was good at talking you through what to check for and what to do.

Surreal would be an understatement about the experience, even when the paramedics showed up they asked me to help them pump air into his lungs after they "bagged him" while they're doing other checks.

I don't have any first aid training, the emergency operator on the phone was good at talking you through what to check for and what to do.

Surreal would be an understatement about the experience, even when the paramedics showed up they asked me to help them pump air into his lungs after they "bagged him" while they're doing other checks.

Did they tell you to check if he'd soiled himself?

Cooking dinner while having a couple of beers and listening to Transformer by Lou Reed. Therapeutic as f**k, man. The simple things.

Four cruise ships under Fred Olsen Cruise Lines, two jack up DP ships under the Windcarrier name, 11 energy platforms under the Energy banner and five fast ferries in the Canaries under the Express brand.

I am a deck cadet working for Fred. Hopefully not for much longer, my exam is next Friday, and yet I'm still spending a worrying proportion of my time on P&B.

I'm into double figures in terms of cruises I've sailed on and closing in on triple figure nights at sea, and I've never heard of one of these deck cadets.

The reason I brought it up is because I always fancied maybe doing a season on a cruise ship before I settle down for a real job (maybe work in a bar or deal blackjack or be a DJ or something) but I've read some horror stories of 16 hour days, 7 day weeks and the pay is apparently only $50 a month plus gratuities.

P.S. Isn't Fred Olsen for old c***s?

I'm into double figures in terms of cruises I've sailed on and closing in on triple figure nights at sea, and I've never heard of one of these deck cadets.

The reason I brought it up is because I always fancied maybe doing a season on a cruise ship before I settle down for a real job (maybe work in a bar or deal blackjack or be a DJ or something) but I've read some horror stories of 16 hour days, 7 day weeks and the pay is apparently only $50 a month plus gratuities.

P.S. Isn't Fred Olsen for old c***s?

Nah you won't get that. Its all nine month contracts for Asian members of crews.

At the minute I work 70 hours a week but its quite well arranged. $50 a months is far from true.

I'd just stick to the cruising.

And in response to the last question, yes.