Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The good: MG Midget passed its MOT today. Took it for a drive out to Echt and back.

The bad: it started spluttering towards the end of the journey. Dad insisted on taking it out again and it stalled at the end of the road. He persevered and after getting to the next major junction we had to pull off and park as it just kept stalling.

The ugly: oaf sitting at the side of the road waiting for a tow-back to the house.

Looks like either the fuel gauge is completely wrong and there isn't enough petrol, or there's a problem with the fuel pump.

Lovely wee car though and a lot of fun to drive. Just hope we can sort the problems out this week.

Does it have an electric fuel pump fitted (the lucas/SU version)..?

They were/are notoriously unreliable due to bad or dirty connections at the contacts.

If it does I would suggest that you Invest in a Facet fuel pump. There are different versions (mainly used for motor sport), but a basic one should be fine.

Edited by broon-loon

Does it have an electric fuel pump fitted (the lucas/SU version)..?

They were/are notoriously unreliable due to bad or dirty connections at the contacts.

If it does I would suggest that you Invest in a Facet fuel pump. There are different versions (mainly used for motor sport), but a basic one should be fine.

Need to double check but think mine's not an electric one. My dad's on his MG B is though.

Back in the land of rain, wind and proper football, (:lol:) after 22 days abroad, travelling over 6 countries. Some notable highlights of the trip were -

Drinking Super Tennants in the streets of Salerno, Italy, like a local

Seeing the majestic ruined pubs in Budapest. (google them, it's worth it)

Getting so totally wasted on my birthday in Rome that between 3 of us, we still couldn't remember the night

Added to that seeing the most impressive McDonalds in Europe in Rome (hangover cure)

Swimming in the clear Adriatic Sea

Being in Dubrovnik the same time they were filming Game of Thrones and seeing the sights

The more I right, the more I think there are so many more things that we did that we will probably never do again. It makes me think what an amazing trip we actually had, probably whap some pics of the more scenic things we saw on the photography thread.

Ohh and if anyone can guess what the 6 countries were, I'll give you a green dot each day for a month, cause I'm sure no-one will get it. (Hint: Started in Prague)

Back in the land of rain, wind and proper football, (:lol:) after 22 days abroad, travelling over 6 countries. Some notable highlights of the trip were -

Drinking Super Tennants in the streets of Salerno, Italy, like a local

Seeing the majestic ruined pubs in Budapest. (google them, it's worth it)

Getting so totally wasted on my birthday in Rome that between 3 of us, we still couldn't remember the night

Added to that seeing the most impressive McDonalds in Europe in Rome (hangover cure)

Swimming in the clear Adriatic Sea

Being in Dubrovnik the same time they were filming Game of Thrones and seeing the sights

The more I right, the more I think there are so many more things that we did that we will probably never do again. It makes me think what an amazing trip we actually had, probably whap some pics of the more scenic things we saw on the photography thread.

Ohh and if anyone can guess what the 6 countries were, I'll give you a green dot each day for a month, cause I'm sure no-one will get it. (Hint: Started in Prague)

Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Greece, Serbia

Italy, Czech Republic, Hungary, Croatia, Albania, Montenegro.