Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Aye mate.

Harp and Castle, then Priscilla's with the macho gay types, then Planet Out.

Could get pretty messy.

I used to drink in the Harp and Castle fairly regularly when I lived down that way. Priscillas is now called Bojangles, a shite name. I've never been in Planet Out, although I once went on a night out in GHQ. I ran out of money and had to get the barman to buy me a drink :lol:

I used to drink in the Harp and Castle fairly regularly when I lived down that way. Priscillas is now called Bojangles, a shite name. I've never been in Planet Out, although I once went on a night out in GHQ. I ran out of money and had to get the barman to buy me a drink :lol:

I've been to GHQ myself, someone's birthday night out of course. I love how tense some straight people get in gay clubs, they must think if their arse isn't facing a wall they'll get bumraped. I mind one time when I was in Polo for another birthday (genuinely, honest :lol: ) a guy tried to talk to my mate and he properly freaked the f**k out. Bizarre.

Mind you, of the three times I've been to gay club's the bouncer has asked me every time if I know it's a gay place. I don't know whether to be complimented or offended, probably offended.

I've never been out on a night out at GHQ or even Leith Walk in my 9 months in Edinburgh. Apparently GHQ has a straight night, can't be much worse than George Street can it?

I've lived in Edinburgh for eight years and have been out on George Street twice in that time.

A 'straight' night? That must be a pisstake, who would go to that? A fair percentage of the crowd when I was there were straight, judging by the staring that was going on at the two hot lesbians winching.

I'm sitting in a different office today and a guy sitting nearby me keep flicking up word documents with photographs of women on them onto his screen. Unsure why, don't think it's work related. :unsure2:

I've never been out on a night out at GHQ or even Leith Walk in my 9 months in Edinburgh. Apparently GHQ has a straight night, can't be much worse than George Street can it?

When I was at uni (3 years back now!), Wednesday was a student night. It was pretty decent tbf.

I've been to GHQ myself, someone's birthday night out of course. I love how tense some straight people get in gay clubs, they must think if their arse isn't facing a wall they'll get bumraped. I mind one time when I was in Polo for another birthday (genuinely, honest :lol: ) a guy tried to talk to my mate and he properly freaked the f**k out. Bizarre.

I've never understood this either. To me, it's no different to being hit on by a bird you're not interested in i.e. you have a girlfriend or she's a munter. Thanks, but no thanks.

When I was at uni (3 years back now!), Wednesday was a student night. It was pretty decent tbf.

Aye, it's still a student night. Used to go pretty often when I was in first year, it was no bad. Only problem was that if you put a jacket in the cloakroom it would come back reeking of smoke, and it took an age to get served at the bar. Was there over Christmas on a Wednesday for the first time in about 2 years and it was pish.

Just been clearin out my old aunties house after she went into a nursing home on Monday. Sad in a way but I'll be making a few bob selling all her old shite before the council get thir hands on it tomorrow when they take the house back.

Had to pay the council to take the shite away when my aunt died. (The furniture and stuff, not my auntie..)

Mind a really tidy (straight) bird I worked with was always talking about going to GHQ on a Wednesday.

Sometimes meeting someone you half know, whilst both drunk in a club can be a decent approach to trying to schneck them.

Can't really give it the "what a coincidence" patter when you bump into them at a place called Gay Head Quarters though.

I've never understood this either. To me, it's no different to being hit on by a bird you're not interested in i.e. you have a girlfriend or she's a munter. Thanks, but no thanks.

Of the two times I mentioned going to gay clubs (in fact it's three, we went to what we thought was a normal club in Amsterdam before realising it was the gayest place on earth) I've not been chatted up once. I'll be completely honest, that hurts my feelings. Of course I would reject any advances, but it's not nice to think in three buildings full of gay people none of them think I'm fabbie. :(

Edit: In fact, I've just remembered that I was glared at by middle aged men on a couple of those occasions.

tumblr_lpc3irD2MT1qb6qc0.gif

Edited by Guest

Just been clearin out my old aunties house after she went into a nursing home on Monday. Sad in a way but I'll be making a few bob selling all her old shite before the council get thir hands on it tomorrow when they take the house back.

^^^^^ just clearing out the old stuff, oops this bra looks like it fits, well this is comfortable, shuts door.

Of the two times I mentioned going to gay clubs (in fact it's three, we went to what we thought was a normal club in Amsterdam before realising it was the gayest place on earth) I've not been chatted up once. I'll be completely honest, that hurts my feelings. Of course I would reject any advances, but it's not nice to think in three buildings full of gay people none of them think I'm fabbie. :(

Edit: In fact, I've just remembered that I was glared at by middle aged men on a couple of those occasions.

tumblr_lpc3irD2MT1qb6qc0.gif

I remember being in the Brunswick Hotel in Glasgow with my girlfriend at the time and this girl came up to me on the way back from the toilet. She told me that even though she was a "massive lesbian" (her words, not mine), she thought I was beautiful and could be a "gay icon". I was pretty flattered tbh.

ETA: That GIF is a peach :lol:

Edited by lanky_ffc