Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Going by Facebook, I think I must be the only person in the country who favours the "Bedroom Tax".

The principle that people shouldn't get state support for houses with more rooms than they need, in order to ease pressures on housing stock for those on the waiting lists, is a fairly sound one. Indeed Labour introduced something very similar for those claiming housing benefit to live in private rented accommodation

The problem is the way they're actually implementing it leads to absurd results, and takes insufficient account of the actual size of rooms.

The principle that people shouldn't get state support for houses with more rooms than they need, in order to ease pressures on housing stock for those on the waiting lists, is a fairly sound one. Indeed Labour introduced something very similar for those claiming housing benefit to live in private rented accommodation

The problem is the way they're actually implementing it leads to absurd results, and takes insufficient account of the actual size of rooms.

I can see your point, and I'm not sure that a flat rate should be introduced per room without taking into account the actual size of said room, but any size of room, however small, would be more than welcomed by a family who currently lives in an overcrowded house.

The fact is, old Doris who is rattling about in a three bed semi on her Jack Jones should have to pay an excess if she wants to stay in her house. It's all good and well saying that she has the right to remain in her house, but the taxpayer should not be footing the bill.

I bumped into a blind man at lunchtime, knocking him against a wall. In my defence, he just walked out of his terrace door onto the pavement I was walking along.

Beats getting whacked with a white stick.

I can see your point, and I'm not sure that a flat rate should be introduced per room without taking into account the actual size of said room, but any size of room, however small, would be more than welcomed by a family who currently lives in an overcrowded house.

The fact is, old Doris who is rattling about in a three bed semi on her Jack Jones should have to pay an excess if she wants to stay in her house. It's all good and well saying that she has the right to remain in her house, but the taxpayer should not be footing the bill.

http://www.channel4.com/news/bedroom-tax-is-appalling-says-paediatrician

Can anyone clear this up for me?

For the sake of arguement,

Say my bank account has £22.14 in it.

It says on the RBS mobile app that I only have £12.14 available. I know you can only withdraw 250 in a day usually from an atm, but I withdrew ten pounds from the bank near enough 4 days ago, and the rest of my transactions have been by card. Surely the £250 limit has reset as I'm sure it does reset every day?