Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

My daughter has just bought this!!

She thinks that I will be happy to drive it also....

I think I need a balaclava......

Balaclava??? You ain't gonna rob a bank with that motor surely?

;)

It's a Wendy House on wheels.

That's what I think also.

She has loved that car since it first came out in that colour around 2006. We even bought her a toy remote control model in the exact same colour that kept her amused.

When I saw it for sale last week it really was no contest as far as she was concerned.

Maybe not every bodies cup of tea but at least she has fulfilled a small dream and actually owns it as her first car.

In five years' time, when proper statistics are available on the damages to the country that have been caused by gambling, we're going to look back and say there should never have been as much advertising as there is.

I'd like to see a blanket ban on this kind of advertising. I don't think it needs to be encouraged and, above all, the adverts are all shit.

Agreed.

Every second advert now seems to be for either bookies or bingo websites.

We tend to have Nick Jr on most of the time so thankfully we don't see them during the day, though we get bombarded with PPI reclaim ads. Why kids want them on is a mystery to me. I'd ban them as well. That's by the by though. In the evenings, it's just constant. Betfair, Betfred, Paddy Power. All irritating as hell and offering you the chance to lose a load of money safe in the knowledge you'll be getting very little of their back. Arseholes.

I'd like to see a blanket ban on this kind of advertising. I don't think it needs to be encouraged and, above all, the adverts are all shit.

Agreed. I'm amazed there is so much of it. Fortunately for me it is the one vice I have never succumbed to, but I can see a whole lot of folk getting in deep sh*t with this.

We tend to have Nick Jr on most of the time so thankfully we don't see them during the day, though we get bombarded with PPI reclaim ads. Why kids want them on is a mystery to me. I'd ban them as well. That's by the by though. In the evenings, it's just constant. Betfair, Betfred, Paddy Power. All irritating as hell and offering you the chance to lose a load of money safe in the knowledge you'll be getting very little of their back. Arseholes.

Was it Thatcher who brought in the National Lottery? Anyway, whoever it was, I blame her. Once the Government started that they lost any moral authority to condemn or restrict gambling. Tossers.

The number of shops has increased massively in recent years as well (especially in 'poorer' areas). I know they probably do much more trade online now, but the shops still do a good trade from older punters. Knightswood 'shopping centre' has about 15 small shopping units and 3 of them are now bookies, up from 1 a couple of years ago.

Edited by Fudge

The number of shops has increased massively in recent years as well (especially in 'poorer' areas). I know they probably do much more trade online now, but the shops still do a good trade from older punters. Knightswood 'shopping centre' has about 15 small shopping units and 3 of them are now bookies, up from 1 a couple of years ago.

The limit on the number of FOBTs in each shop has just meant more and more shops, in my opinion. Ladbrokes have so many branches around here all within a couple of minutes walking distance from each other. Oh, and all placed in very close proximity to pubs, naturally.

Sounds just like me although I had to lie and tell her I needed to resit maths and get a higher grade to qualify for the 5 year masters course. Thankfully I got it so no questions asked but obviously I had to put 'some' work into that. I do feel guilty now though.

Teachers of every other class must have hated me, especially in computing which was my only proper access to the internet at the time.

f**k I feel old!

My CSYS computing was done on a Commodore Pet, with the programming either in BASIC or machine code!

Don't think there was an internet (or even an arpanet?) back then!