Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Somecunt I know kept trying to tell a room of people last night that paintball is a sport. He was clearly well, well wide of the mark, and told so by everyone but the mere suggestion still made me angry anyway.

Somecunt I know kept trying to tell a room of people last night that paintball is a sport. He was clearly well, well wide of the mark, and told so by everyone but the mere suggestion still made me angry anyway.

But it is a sport. unsure.gif

It's a leisure activity.

That it may be, but I would argue that it's also a sport. I've heard it being referred to as an 'extreme sport' and it has organised tournaments around the world and professional teams globally. The definition of sport is "an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc." Paintball would appear to come under this.

Just because it's not as popular here, or indeed played competitively in the UK doesn't make it any less of a sport.

Aye, fair play, I was just being sarcastic! I'd personally still regard it as more of an activity though, because, as you said, it's not done competitively in this country. It's debatable though, much like darts. I wouldn't say it's extreme to be fair. Maybe bollock-naked paintball, but not regular paintball ;)

Edited by the_bully_wee

Aye, fair play, I was just being sarcastic! I'd personally still regard it as more of an activity though, because, as you said, it's not done competitively in this country. It's debatable though, much like darts. I wouldn't say it's extreme to be fair. Maybe bollock-naked paintball, but not regular paintball ;)

Get yourself a paintball gun. Shoot yourself in the foot. Tell me it's not sore tongue.gif

Get yourself a paintball gun. Shoot yourself in the foot. Tell me it's not sore tongue.gif

My mate went a while back and took 3 point-blank hits on the same bit of the inside of his thigh, it looked absolutely excruciating and was pretty off-putting. I've not actually been paintballing, but I plan to go ASAP!

My other mate rammed into the back of me at go-karting and gave me a bloody agonisingly sore neck, it was a yellow flag and he, being the idiot that he is, didn't notice it and beasted it down a ramp at full speed, careering into the back of me -_-

Edited by the_bully_wee

I had a customer who thought as it was the queens Jubilee the free evening and weekend calls we offer this should mean he should get free calls all 4 days of the Jubilee.

Oh dear, he was gutted to be told that it was still only evening and weekend calls that are free.

If you can smoke and/or drink while you're doing it then it's a game, not a sport.

are you trying to tell me that you've never had an 11-a-side down the park with your own keeper and a couple of the opposition puffing away as they chase the game in a gung ho fashion?

you've never lived, never lived at all.