Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Yoda is from the north east coast. "teuchter" refers to those from the north west coast.

A teuchter is everyone north of Stirling. FACT.

This post officially gains me membership of, 'The Daft Auld c**t' club but how do you use Twitter?

I have an account set up and I follow a few folk but I'm not quite sure what the benefits of it are?...

Help.

What part in particular you having bother with Andy? Well basically you follow people to see what they say (as I'm sure you already know!) You are able to "reply" to a tweet which lets the other person know you've replied to them. In terms of following celebs it's sometimes pointless as they won't reply to anything you've replied to....if that makes sense. But if it's your mates then it's a good outlet.

You can also "retweet". If someone has tweeted something you like, or you want your folllowers to see/or know about, then you can retweet by clicking the retweet hyperlink below the tweeter's text.

That's the basics really. In terms of commenting and stuff it's not as good as Facebook, but seems to attract a more literate user. For now, anyway.

EDIT: I'd recommend following lots of football news feeds like BBC sportscotland, and travel feeds like Scotrail etc. By far the most useful outlet of Twitter, it's invaluable at times.

Edited by fraser_smfc

What part in particular you having bother with Andy? Well basically you follow people to see what they say (as I'm sure you already know!) You are able to "reply" to a tweet which lets the other person know you've replied to them. In terms of following celebs it's sometimes pointless as they won't reply to anything you've replied to....if that makes sense. But if it's your mates then it's a good outlet.

You can also "retweet". If someone has tweeted something you like, or you want your folllowers to see/or know about, then you can retweet by clicking the retweet hyperlink below the tweeter's text.

That's the basics really. In terms of commenting and stuff it's not as good as Facebook, but seems to attract a more literate user. For now, anyway.

EDIT: I'd recommend following lots of football news feeds like BBC sportscotland, and travel feeds like Scotrail etc. By far the most useful outlet of Twitter, it's invaluable at times.

Cheers man! Good stuff.

Think I'll stick to FB and just go in to Twitter every once in a while like I do just now.

Cheers man! Good stuff.

Think I'll stick to FB and just go in to Twitter every once in a while like I do just now.

No problem.:) Twitter is certainly not something that can amuse you all day, wheras Facebook is always active. Twitter is more for following a timeline of information or opinions, Facebook is more designed for social interaction. Enjoy!