Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

first licence passed second time.

second licence passed first time.

i'm in both camps of awesomeness. 8)

my wee brother passed 1st time under the newer version of the test (lone driving thing) after practicing the old method.

he said new test is far easier than old one.

A friend of mine died last week at the age of 40. He was one of the funniest blokes I have ever met, brilliant company. Turned out he had a heart problem which he was operated on a few years back but it eventually killed him. Leaves a wife and a young son. Have to go round and visit them this afternoon which will be fairly horrific I think.

That's shite. A friend of mine died a week ago at the grand age of 24. The funeral was on Saturday and it was very strange seeing the majority of the people my age for such an occasion. Brilliant big guy. Didn't smoke, didn't drink. He was on Supersize vs Superskinny a few years back. Lost a shitload of weight, went to Canada, put it back on and about a week after he came back he went into hospital and never came back out.

I'm doing a bungee jump tomorrow for charity. Excited but shitting myself as well. Three of us doing it, and have raised about £700 I believe.

Not having a dig, but did you actually fund the jump yourself or are you paying for it out of the donations you've received?

There's a girl that I went to school with on Facebook that has done three of these jumps this year (two bunjee jumps and one sky dive) and pays for them out of the donations she receives. I think that's bang out of order to be honest, and I would never consider donating money for her to go off on a jolly and jump out of a plane.

Not having a dig, but did you actually fund the jump yourself or are you paying for it out of the donations you've received?

There's a girl that I went to school with on Facebook that has done three of these jumps this year (two bunjee jumps and one sky dive) and pays for them out of the donations she receives. I think that's bang out of order to be honest, and I would never consider donating money for her to go off on a jolly and jump out of a plane.

I understand where you're coming from if someone is doing it all the time, (ie jumping every couple of weeks, funding it from donations and the leftover donation is next to f**k all etc, )but as a one off, surely you have to look at it from the viewpoint that the charity is getting money it wouldn't previously have, had the jump not been done?

I understand where you're coming from if someone is doing it all the time, (ie jumping every couple of weeks, funding it from donations and the leftover donation is next to f**k all etc, )but as a one off, surely you have to look at it from the viewpoint that the charity is getting money it wouldn't previously have, had the jump not been done?

Well yeah, but why agree to do a jump if you don't have the money to pay for it in the first place? Why not do something that doesn't actually cost money, like a sponsored walk or run? I just think it's a way to do something cool/fun for free. A friend of mine participated in Shine recently (for those who don't know, it's a 26.2 mile walk overnight). That sort of thing deserves a donation more than a sky dive, especially when my donation is going towards funding it, in my eyes.

If she had paid for it out of her own pocket then that's fair game obviously.

Well yeah, but why agree to do a jump if you don't have the money to pay for it in the first place? Why not do something that doesn't actually cost money, like a sponsored walk or run? I just think it's a way to do something cool/fun for free. A friend of mine participated in Shine recently (for those who don't know, it's a 26.2 mile walk overnight). That sort of thing deserves a donation more than a sky dive, especially when my donation is going towards funding it, in my eyes.

If she had paid for it out of her own pocket then that's fair game obviously.

Totally agree. Two mates of mine recently did a tandem ride around the South East of England ( I whored it enough on here!) which cost them nothing but blisters and sore arses, and they raised a shitload.

My point is, someone doing the jump is still earning money for the charity, albeit less then they would if they paid for it themselves. Charities can't afford to be fussy, as long as it doesn't end up costing them, then it's still a result, surely.

We're paying for it ourselves. I fully agree with your point.