Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I recently found out where the phrase "hair of the dog" comes from, when its being used in the context of having your first drink the day after a heavy session.

It comes from back in the day, when someone was bitten by a rabid dog they would use the hair off that dog on the bite wound......

I'm going to go for a 2.5km jog tomorrow morning. It's a pitiful distance (it includes steep hills though :P ) but I'm trying to get fit over the summer and that, before getting a gym membership when I'm back down in Glasgow in September/October, so I need to start somewhere. Being told by your younger brother when you return home one weekend that "You've got a bit of fat neck now, you know the bit just under your chin" has inspired me to get into shape :lol:

Thought I would share that with you all.

I'm going to go for a 2.5km jog tomorrow morning. It's a pitiful distance (it includes steep hills though :P ) but I'm trying to get fit over the summer and that, before getting a gym membership when I'm back down in Glasgow in September/October, so I need to start somewhere. Being told by your younger brother when you return home one weekend that "You've got a bit of fat neck now, you know the bit just under your chin" has inspired me to get into shape :lol:

Thought I would share that with you all.

Every one of of my Uni mates I have seen recently, look fatter than they were when they left, it's just the lifestyle. Funnily enough every one of them has also promised to do the exact same as you.

Every one of of my Uni mates I have seen recently, look fatter than they were when they left, it's just the lifestyle. Funnily enough every one of them has also promised to do the exact same as you.

I can do it though, and was actually doing well at trying to get into shape until a couple of months ago when I hurt my knee and struggled to go out jogging. I was fine when the uni 5-a-side league was on the go because I was getting a decent run-out once a week.

Every one of of my Uni mates I have seen recently, look fatter than they were when they left, it's just the lifestyle.

One of my mates who goes to Uni (at Dundee) is down to a 28 inch waist. Amazing what a balanced diet of working, going to uni and drinking will do to you.

I've put on two stone since January (even though my new years resolution was to lose weight...). Maybe I should also consider doing a bit of exercise.

A gid shite, haircut and the tay nails clipped and you'll be back to your fighting weight.

Was working 8 til 1 this morning. A convoy of French trucks were delivering stuff at the site, and a few electrical bits and bobs have went missing from our compound.

Dirty, thieving, cheese-eating, garlic-breath surrender monkeys.

dry.gif

I'm watching the original 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', and a bit just really annoyed me. When Charlie gets his first Wonka Bar, and turns his back on his mother and bed-ridden, so poor they have cabbage water for dinner, grand parents to open it. They all wait in anticipation to see if it has a Golden Ticket, and he turns round exclaiming "I got it! I got the Golden Ticket!"

His family all look delighted, then he goes "Had you fooled, didn't i? You really thought i had it." :blink:

What a shit bam up ya wee prick!

EDIT: The grandpa hasn't left his bed for 20 years, his grandson finds the Golden Ticket and he's jumping about like Louis Spence? Workshy auld cunt.

I genuinely like the film, but Charlie and his Grandpa are fuds.

Edited by Gall09

I go on holiday on Wednesday, I am meant to be getting stuff out, so I dont have the usual panic tomorrow as I try and remember everything. But no, I am sitting playing FM and watching telly. Oh aye and I still haven't applied for my tuition fees for next year. dry.gif

Was absolutely horrified today to discover that the Time Capsule in Coatbridge has been refurbished and the dinosaurs removed. The dinosaurs made that place. I loved the roaring T-Rex at the edge of one of the slides, and the volcano jacuzzi. I have such fond memories of going to there, it was a massive day out when we went there. I even saw a timeline of refurbishment progress and it was like watching my childhood being destroyed before my very eyes. Devastated :(

Edited by jamamafegan4