Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Squash is brilliant. Used to play a lot when I was at school(at a very high level I might add) but fitness more than anything else can win you a squash match. Keep playing it, squash is a sport that is beginning to die out (especially at a junior level) and it needs all the players it can get to keep it going.

FWIW, a man called Alan Clyne is Scotland's best squash player at the moment, currently ranked somewhere in the top 50 in the world.

I wouldn't mind playing it again - if I was in a more energetic mood. It would be good for fitness.

I played squash today for the first time. I didn't enjoy it that much. I couldn't be bothered running around.

Squash is great fun. I played a bit in S6 through school. You need to be quite fit for it and until you build-up your technique you'll get run ragged by anyone with a bit of experience. Once you start to be able to approach it strategically, it can become great fun just standing in the middle of the court sending your opponent round all the corners. :D

Got a presentation to give tomorrow which I've prepared for and I know plenty about the topic I'm presenting on but I'm still certain I'll screw it up somehow as I always panic giving a talk to a group of people.

Joined a new doctor's today and I was doing the standard weight/height/blood pressure measurements, when the nurse comes out with "wow, that's amazing, you don't look overweight but you definitely are". Didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. :lol:

To be fair she has a point, I look like I weigh about a stone less than I actually do, it's bizarre. I guess looking in decent shape is alright even if you are technically a chubby chubster. Anyone else been deceived by the scales?

Edited by Guest

Joined a new doctor's today and I was doing the standard weight/height/blood pressure measurements, when the nurse comes out with "wow, that's amazing, you don't look overweight but you definitely are". Didn't know whether to take that as a compliment or an insult. :lol:

To be fair she has a point, I look like I weigh about a stone less than I actually do, it's bizarre. I guess looking in decent shape is alright even if you are technically a chubby chubster. Anyone else been deceived by the scales?

I look heavier than I am.

Been away on business now for 7 days,but seems like weeks.

In Seatle airport waiting for my flight,which has already been delayed,so still have another wo and a quarter h ours to wait.

Its also blowing a gale with alleged storm approaching,so could delay flight even more,or if not,will be bricking it at take off.

I just want to be home,lying on the couch with a cup of tea,watching some mindless pish on the telly :(

Guest The Phoenix

I just want to be home,lying on the couch with a cup of tea,watching some mindless pish on the telly :(

Sorry to disappoint, there's no Old Firm game due to be played for ages.