Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Yeah I had no stairs to fall back on (lol) and was more than willing to trade a quarter bottle of vodka for relative safety. But he didn't get a bottle of cider or the mixer. Moral victory for me.

Edited by vikingTON

Yeah I had no stairs to fall back on (lol) and was more than willing to trade a quarter bottle of vodka for relative safety. But he didn't get a bottle of cider or the mixer. Moral victory for me.

I don't yet know if he had a knife or not but I sure as hell wasn't waiting to find out.

As annoying as it is that you couldn't break his limbs, you definitely did the right thing.

Nae point taking risks for a bottle of vodka says the guy who took a risk to save his chicken fried rice with curry sauce.

Busy 24 hours...

Had Uni Law Ball at the Science Centre again. Was cracking meal and intoxication with some normally reserved sensible people becoming absolute train wrecks. Crashed out after a post-bev falling asleep at about 6am. Was getting a lift back off a mate this morning and he was almost back at my flat when his car hit a pothole on Anniesland Road. He kept control of the car, but the front-left tyre was wrecked and the back left tyre got a bad slow-puncture. We only had one spare wheel and both were in a pretty bad way so we waited for his step-dad to come and assess the damage to see if it was actually safe to drive to KwikFit along the road.

While we were waiting we noticed 2 other cars on the same side of the road which had pulled over with punctures. There's about 4 or 5 really bad fissures (they can't even be called pot holes they're so bad) in the road and it's surprising there hasn't been more cars done in by it. The road surface is absolutely rotten around here.

Put it this way, I wasn't anticipating having to help to change a wheel on the side of the road in a kilt and Argyll jacket...

I don't yet know if he had a knife or not but I sure as hell wasn't waiting to find out.

As annoying as it is that you couldn't break his limbs, you definitely did the right thing.

Nae point taking risks for a bottle of vodka says the guy who took a risk to save his chicken fried rice with curry sauce.

I always laugh when ropey-looking types make a big show of going for a knife, it means they are shiting it and have fuck all.

I once decided to have a sandwich and ended up with a broken arm laugh.gif went down stairs to my mates to borrow a knife since i didn't have one in my kitchen, started walking upstairs and there was this great smell of a curry or the like. Finally found the source of the smell and asked the guy jokingly "Can i get some of that?" Next thing i know im lying at the bottom of the stairs screaming as my arm buckled under me...... sad.gif thing is i saw him a few days later in the street and he didn't even apologise, just walked past with a big cheesy grin on his face. Scotland's full of psychos

I was the last one to go to bed tonight and was therefore given the job of putting the lights out, locking the door etc. Every single electric appliance has been turned off at the wall, I've checked the cooker 3 times just to make sure the knobs aren't turned meaning gas would escape. Double checked the fridge and freezer are shut, both the doors are locked.

This is a good thing technically. Although, it drives my mum and sister crazy. I just won't get to sleep knowing I've not checked the cooker etc. Am I too paranoid? Surely I can't be too safe.

No, you are being sensible. Infact wrap a condom round the cookery knobs to be extra careful ;)

Edited by ffcsam

Givet likes your comment: "^^^ VL"

I'd like to share that my team are shite but I don't give a f**k. FTOF :)

I would repost my rant on here but I genuinely can't remember all of it. The jist is, Old Firm fans who patronise you as if you're doing them a favour by supporting your local team for, oh, only the last x years: c***s. utter c***s. But 'that's alright' in their book. Well you're not alright you bigoted f**k, so do one.

FTOF

I watched a programme on the Discovery Channel yesterday about a skyscraper being built in Shanghai called the Ectopia, which was apparently going to be about a mile high and pretty much be a city in the air.

I thought it was really interesting and searched Google for some more information and up to date pictures - but there was no information about it on Google.

I thought it was a bit strange that I couldn't find anything - then I found an article about it on YouTube. A guy who did a fair bit of research into it has discovered that it was a a Google-commissioned programme about a fictional skyscraper and was designed solely to test Google's search algorithms and advertising techniques, by encouraging people to search for terms such as "Ectopia" and "mile high skyscraper".

I'm torn between being pissed off at being misled about this being a real skyscraper, and impressed by Google's ingenious method of testing their search engine.