Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

RE the football discussion - people that can't control a ball or pass it properly annoy me so much it's unreal. Get the basics right and go from there...whereas some people try and do tricks etc. when they can't do something a 10 year old can do? Madness.

edit: I'd choose a pint of Magners or Strongbow over a pint of Tennents every day of the week. I don't dislike beer (an ice cold bottle of Stella or Bud is cracking) but I enjoy drinking cider much more than beer.

Edited by GypsyTillIDie

I really don't like beer. It doesn't actually taste nice, it's tremendously bad for you even by alcohol's standards and leaves you parched after enough pints. In a fairer world I'd be able to drink strawberry-flavoured cocktails all day long and not be judged. Until then it's the beer.

I don't mind the taste. To me the thing about beers and lagers is that low grade ones have to be served really cold as it starts to taste a bit stale relatively quickly as it warms up.

Can't beat a Southern Comfort mixer though.

edit: I'd choose a pint of Magners or Strongbow over a pint of Tennents every day of the week. I don't dislike beer (an ice cold bottle of Stella or Bud is cracking) but I enjoy drinking cider much more than beer.

This and Carol Beer: I used to be able to drink Strongbow until i went to the 12-hour Tuesdays at Strathclyde Union. Pint after pint of cider and blackcurrant (which by about the 9th one with a shot doesn't necessarily stay down) really wrote that one off.

Kopparberg is exactly how I imagined drink as a wean, That people were drinking pint after pint because it actually tasted superb.

Never been much of a cider person myself. I normally have a sweet tooth, but I find it just too sickeningly sweet.

There's a load of good ciders that aren't sweet. From my youth in North Zummerzet I've had the pleasure (most of the time anyway) of trying a lot of them, good and bad. Thatchers Cider make probably the best overall, and if you ever get the chance try their 'Mendip Magic' cider. Three of those and you're whirlin'. The ABV varies quite wildly though.

BrewDog's Punk IPA and Trashy Blonde are superb drinks.

Quite fancy the sound of this "Tactical Nuclear Penguin" beer they have out. 32% proof :o

In fact Ive just seen another beer they have that is 41% proof. Jeezo. Christmas sorted for my brother at least.

Edited by SoapMactavish

I really don't like beer. It doesn't actually taste nice, it's tremendously bad for you even by alcohol's standards and leaves you parched after enough pints. In a fairer world I'd be able to drink strawberry-flavoured cocktails all day long and not be judged. Until then it's the beer.

I agree with this. Although I'm trying to like it - I feel like I am missing out :lol:

Strongbow is the devil's piss but yet again, I'll drink it although I do prefer Bulmers/Magners. My new sociable drink is whiskey and coke. Or just whiskey. Expensive though, which is unfortunate.

So yeah, I'm a cider man rather than a beer man. Although I just get lost between the difference between beer and lager - I must say though that Singha/Cobra/Tiger and a bit of lime/lemon in it, is cracking. Fosters is nice. Anything else is horrible (I haven't tried Sol/Konnanberg (sp?) though, apparently it is quite good).

This may appear a bit incoherent but that is because I am tired but can't get to sleep. Fucking History essay work for a couple of hours has kept me awake and even though I stopped 2/3 hours ago, I can't get to sleep. Time for another film. I'm going to watch "Insomnia" (ironically enough).

Edited by yoda

What are you talking about? A cold beer is better than almost anything to quench your thirst. You're a madman, or a poof.

What are you talking about? A cold beer is better than almost anything to quench your thirst. You're a madman, or a poof.

A cold beer. Seven cold beers leaves you waking up in the middle of the night with a mouth drier than a cat's sandtray.

A cold beer. Seven cold beers leaves you waking up in the middle of the night with a mouth drier than a cat's sandtray.

True, but they're absolutely tremendous.