Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Message to Her Majesty's Government for the Queen's Birthday Honours List:

LORD TERRY PRATCHETT OF DISCWORLD!

If you missed it, go to BBC iplayer and watch the Richard Dimbleby Lecture 2010, you'll agree with me! wink.gif

Why is Tony Robinson doing it?

Why is Tony Robinson doing it?

Terry did a brief introduction but such is the nature of his particular Alzheimer's (Posterior Cortial Atrophy) he cannot focus on written texts very easily or for long and written words on the page "disappear". Hence Tony read the bulk of Terry's written speech.

Terry Pratchett forgot it was on.

I hope you come to wish you'd forgotten to post that!

Message to Her Majesty's Government for the Queen's Birthday Honours List:

LORD TERRY PRATCHETT OF DISCWORLD!

If you missed it, go to BBC iplayer and watch the Richard Dimbleby Lecture 2010, you'll agree with me! wink.gif

Do some research :rolleyes:

Terry did a brief introduction but such is the nature of his particular Alzheimer's (Posterior Cortial Atrophy) he cannot focus on written texts very easily or for long and written words on the page "disappear". Hence Tony read the bulk of Terry's written speech.

What a shame. :(

At least he doesn't have Alzheimer's though.

I was at Banshee Labyrinth on Friday night. We were the first people in the bar at the bottom. More people came in, then a big group came and went. After they left, I noticed 5 pieces of paper lying on the table. They were tokens for a free drink from a backpackers tour. I took them up to the bar and got 5 drinks for free. I used that as my round and saved myself a nice wee amount. It was one of the happiest moments of my life. :)

I've been really bored today in work and have managed to eat all of my dinner before I actually go on my dinner. Now, I need to go out of the office and go buy more food. Gets me out, I suppose.

The DVD I ordered for my daughter's birthday was despatched yesterday, according to Amazon. So it should be here in today's post.

If it isn't, it should be in Wednesday's post, which will leave me about an hour to get home, unwrap and re-wrap it and get round to hers!

This is the most tense I've been for weeks!rolleyes.gif

Heads up, people:

BBC1 10:35 this evening.

The Richard Dimbleby Lecture 2010: Shaking Hands With Death

Sir Terry Pratchett discusses how modern society deals with death.

Its should be highly entertaining and informative and I thoroughly recommend it, particularly if you are studying humanities or medical ethics.

Enjoy!wink.gif

This is not available publicly, it's only for those who are already in the waiting room.

Gets you fat too.

Indeed it does. But I think I can get away with it though. I've taken a week off from boxing to give my body a rest, been training really hard recently so I'm allowed to eat like a pig for a week. :)

I'm in the process of applying for a cracking job. However, the nag to this is I would miss a couple days uni and it might have an effect on my coaching. The job itself is 5 days over 7 between the hours of 10-4. If was fortunate enough to get it, hopefully they would be pretty flexible regarding my hours.

The DVD I ordered for my daughter's birthday was despatched yesterday, according to Amazon. So it should be here in today's post.

If it isn't, it should be in Wednesday's post, which will leave me about an hour to get home, unwrap and re-wrap it and get round to hers!

This is the most tense I've been for weeks!rolleyes.gif

It wasn't in yesterday's post. It should be in today's.

I am now getting rather concerned.

This is not available publicly, it's only for those who are already in the waiting room.

I'm still in my forties FFS!